Posting Date Aug 02, 2018
Job Number 18001YJ6
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Washington Marriott Wardman Park, Washington, District of Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Executes revenue management functions and inventory strategy processes for function space including managing inventory.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
- Manages function space room releases, rates and availability.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems
- Monitors group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all brands.
- Ensures that the hotel(s) group sales strategies are effectively implemented in sales and applicable reservations systems and the inventory system.
- Determines and publishes free sell dates and strategies for local catering.
- Performs daily and weekly function space diary audits to identify conflicts and double bookings and ensure that the adequate space is protected for each group's pattern, without affecting the ability to book another group immediately before or after.
- Ensures that all contracts are collected from the sales team in order to audit space accuracy
- Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
- Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
- Monitors RevPar, RevPos and function space occupancy trends.
- Assists sales and event leaders with catering projections.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information, identifying current and potential problems and proposing solutions.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.