**Due to a high volume of inquiries and multiple hiring managers for these roles, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response **
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
When you start your career with Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking, you’re joining a team that is committed to your development now and over time. We are also deeply committed to the communities we serve, and to creating an environment where each team member’s unique skills, experience, and backgrounds are embraced. We pride ourselves on being ranked the 13th Best Company for Diversity and the Top Company for LGBT employees by Diversity Inc., and on our perfect score of 100 on the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign.
2021 Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) – Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our business and the many careers and professional development opportunities; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interviewing for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo. The Summer Analyst Program offers students three main tracks: Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Sales and Trading. The duration of the Summer Analyst program is ten (10) weeks and opportunities are primarily available in Charlotte, New York and San Francisco, with limited opportunities available in, but not limited to, Houston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. The Investment Banking track includes the following groups below:
Investment Banking Overview
The Investment Banking (“IB”) group, which is organized by industry or product, is dedicated to understanding the unique competitive and operating environments of our clients. The group combines strong relationships and industry knowledge with superior capital markets and advisory capabilities that includes debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, and loan syndications. The team maintains active relationships with a broad universe of middle market, large corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients, and is highly experienced in delivering exceptional execution. You may be placed in an Industry Coverage or a Product Group.
Investment Banking Industry Coverage Teams
Provides a full range of investment banking and advisory services to clients in the following industries:
- Consumer & Retail
- Energy & Power
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate, Gaming, Lodging and Leisure (REGAL)
- Regional Investment Banking
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
Investment Banking Product Teams
Provides a full range of execution capabilities and services to clients in the following products:
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Capital Markets
- Global Institutional Client Group/Financial Sponsors
- High Grade Debt Capital Markets
- Leveraged Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Syndicated Finance
Asset-Backed Finance & Securitization Overview
The Asset-Backed Finance & Securitization (“ABF”) group provides direct structured lending, in addition to the underwriting and distribution of asset-backed securities for clients who access the bond markets through securitizations.
ABF is a highly profitable and growing business with deep capital markets and credit expertise across multiple asset classes. The four asset classes under the ABF umbrella are:
- Asset-Backed Securitization & Lending (“ABS&L”) provides financing (warehouse, permanent, term) and capital markets solutions to companies that originate or invest in consumer receivables including credit cards, auto loans/leases and unsecured consumer loans, and assets typically found in property, plant and equipment section of large corporations.
- Corporate Debt Finance (“CDF”) provides structured finance warehouse facilities and term ABS securitization solutions to investors and asset managers that invest in corporate loans.
- Subscription Finance Group (“SFG”) provides revolving and term Subscription Commitment Facilities to a broad range of domestic and European fund types (LBO, venture, real estate, energy, infrastructure).
- Mortgage Finance & RMBS Securitization (“MFG”) provides warehouse and permanent financing as well as capital markets solutions to companies and investors that own, originate or invest in residential real estate loans and mortgage backed securities.
Investment Portfolio Overview
The Investment Portfolio (“IP”) group is comprised of public investments for the Credit Investment Portfolio, public investments for the Macro Investment Portfolio, and the Reinsurance business and manages over $400B for the Bank. The group is led by the Chief Investment Officer of Wells Fargo.
With team members in offices located across North America, IP is comprised of several core businesses, including credit-sensitive investments, macro strategies, portfolio analytics, reinsurance, and infrastructure.
- Credit Investment Portfolio evaluates credit-driven investment opportunities, on a risk-adjusted return basis, across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including loans, fixed income securities, structured products, and municipal bonds. Portfolio Coverage is organized by both asset class and industry sector.
- Macro Investment Portfolio manages Wells Fargo's liquidity and interest rate risk, with oversight by the Corporate Asset & Liability Committee, the Treasurer, CFO, and CEO.
- Reinsurance is comprised of analysts and actuarial professionals who manage surplus relief and rider-only variable annuity solutions for clients, as well as the Bank Owned Life Insurance (BOLI) program.
- Infrastructure Team coordinates and delivers support across the portfolio, including program and initiative management for all asset classes, risk/regulatory and governance program implementation, as well as staff support activities.
Public Finance Overview
The Wells Fargo Public Finance Group is a fully developed Investment Banking platform and is responsible for creating solutions for the complex financing needs of the firm’s public sector and nonprofit clients.
Clients are covered by geographic and industry specific teams:
- Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest, Southern and West
- Utilities & Corporate Backed, Education & Nonprofit, Nonprofit Healthcare, Transportation, and Housing
- Public-Private Partnerships and Sports Finance
CRE Securitization & Capital Markets
Wells Fargo’s CRE Securitization & Capital Markets group provides structured financing and capital markets solutions for companies, debt funds, REITs, asset managers and investors that own, originate or invest in commercial real estate, loans or securities.
The Economics group provides research and analysis on international, national, and regional economic trends to help serve our clients’ business and financial needs. Our experienced economists have been featured in many national publications, academic and economic journals, and on popular television and radio programs. As one of the most-respected economic research organizations in the industry, Bloomberg News has named it a top economics team for the past five years.
The IB Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time team member. Summer Analysts receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow Summer Analysts to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
IB Summer Analysts, depending on the group to which they are assigned, assume significant responsibilities that may include:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and to value companies
- Working closely with senior bankers to prepare presentations and other materials for clients
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Participating in strategic planning and assisting in the execution of advisory services
- Conducting financial and credit analysis, preparing credit packages, and monitoring existing deals
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Full-time Analyst Opportunities
Based on outstanding performance, Summer Analysts may receive an offer to join a business within Corporate & Investment Banking upon receiving their college degree. Prior to starting in an office, analysts participate in a comprehensive training program in Charlotte. The training brings together all the analysts from various lines of business and includes classroom instruction in financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, valuation, and market fundamentals.
For more information on Corporate & Investment Banking and our Analyst programs, please visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking is the trade name for the corporate banking, capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Co. and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, member of NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, member of FINRA, NFA and SIPC, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, are distinct entities from affiliated banks and thrifts.
©2020 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. For public use.
Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
IB Summer Analysts must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills and personal motivation. It is preferred that your background includes:
Demonstrated interest in finance and the financial markets
Proven ability to take on significant responsibility
Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, and proactive
An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry
Relevant internship experience
Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation in December 2021 or May/June 2022
Strong academic achievement
HUMAN RESOURCES/HUMAN RESOURCES