Ohio Truck Sales, a national semi truck dealership located in Sandusky, Oh is seeking an experienced Controller. The company has seen major growth in the last 12 months, going from 28 to 80 employees. As part of this huge growth, a key Controller / CFO Executive with deep experience in a mid to large sized firm is sought after to take us to our next levels.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Finance/CFO will function as a strategic partner to the CEO. The individual in this position is responsible for managing the financial, accounting, internal audit, and ERP system and processes. The incumbent will serve in an advisory capacity to the CEO on organization-wide issues. This individual will manage a staff of five which includes staff accountants, information technology, controller and a cost accountant. Initially this individual should expect to spend 45% of their time on the finance/accounting function, 45% of their time ERP, and the remainder of their time on growth and mergers and acquisitions activities.
- Evaluate, develop and manage programs to ensure that financial planning and analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, general accounting and financial reporting and controls are in place and effectively utilized.
- Prepare and maintain annual budgets and plans, financial forecasts and variance analysis. Manage the department staff including training, performance management, and coaching for all team members.
- Set direction and goals for the department and hold the team accountable to meet the goals.
- Support peers and the CEO with reports and information as requested. Provide monthly financial packages for the Board and other team members.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for cost savings and growth initiatives.
- Provide oversight for performance metrics and service levels.
- Work with staff to ensure that service levels are being met and allocate resources to address service gaps.
- Consistently meet budget and schedule performance goals and capital plan utilization goals.
- Partner with the CEO and Board of Directors to identify, negotiate, close and integrate acquisitions.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data; identify potential areas of financial risk and opportunities to support growth while maintaining profit margins. Understand and monitor cash positions and provide consolidated information. Develop forecasts and board presentations. Establish credit policies and other controls. Manage the relationship with financial intermediaries.
CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS SOUGHT
The role calls for a world-class executive with substantial financial executive experience in rapid growth manufacturing environments. In addition, experiences in the following areas are core to the CFO’s role:
- Strong financial and technical Skills - knowledgeable in a broad array of financial areas, including manufacturing cost accounting, controlling, US GAAP, financial planning and analysis, and acquisitions.
- Knowledge and experience supply chain management and enterprise resource systems.
- Knowledge of effective application of statistical tools, DCF, IRR and other capital evaluation techniques.
- Financial analysis and reporting skills; experience in in developing and utilizing systems, tools, processes and controls.
- A demonstrated track record of assisting in the merger and acquisition due diligence and negotiation process and integration and financial assimilation of acquisitions.
- An open and honest leadership style coupled with self-motivation and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills at the group and individual level; able to gain the confidence and trust of others.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Problem solving skills; ability to assess a situation, focus on the issues, and create multiple solutions to resolve the issues.
- A confident and secure interpersonal style, which will allow the incumbent to effectively set objectives and secure results, while working effectively in a team based environment. He/she must be engaging and highly driven with an ‘action’ orientation and a positive, “can-do” personal approach/bias for action.
- A minimum of 10 years of finance and accounting experience; CPA preferred
- ERP implementation or other demonstrated in-depth knowledge of ERP systems
- Acquisition or merger experience; including the pre-transaction due diligence and the post-transaction integration plan
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting; MBA preferred
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS SEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT IN COMPLETE CONFIDENCE:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Operations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Controller: 5 years (Preferred)