Under general supervision, lead the development and administration of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), assist the Facilities Supervisor and Manager with a wide variety of daily maintenance, supply and inventory duties including maintenance and general repair of the facility structure and equipment, create and maintain budget and metric reports, and be responsible for managing on-site vendors. Works closely with management to develop processes and procedures to ensure that department resources are being used efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and schedules routine (preventive) and non-routine (reactive) maintenance for equipment and supporting infrastructure utilizing the CMMS application.
- Leads the development and administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Coordinates and tracks work performed by outside contractors and ensures service work orders and invoices are received and captured in the CMMS database. Develops and maintains central filing repository within CMMS for facility related documentations to include: Automatic Sprinkler reports, fire alarm/FM 200 inspection reports, UPS/battery systems, Hazmat reports, fire extinguisher reports, elevator inspection reports, generator/diesel fuel reports, grease trap reports, training, contracts and policy and procedures.
- Responds and follows up with client inquiries and concerns to ensure service delivery to clients.
- Maintain benchmark, key performance indicator (KPI’s), work performance graph, and other reports.
- Identifies maintenance management functions that restrict or negatively impact production levels.
- Develops cost accounting methods and tracks charge backs.
- Provides quantitative and organizational analysis to develop policies and procedures and provides direction in the areas of maintenance and operations, work control, scheduling, service contracts and general administration.
- Acts as a liaison with janitorial, elevator maintenance, carpet cleaning, pest control, plant maintenance and other providers.
- Creates and maintains metrics reports, miscellaneous spreadsheets, maintains documents required for regulatory compliance
- Process invoices for payment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operations and procedures of a facilities department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational structure, policies, mission and strategies.
- Basic understanding of service and maintenance services and agreements.
- Computerized Maintenance Management (CCMS) or work order management systems
- Establishing personal credibility.
- Using Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Gaining agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes.
- Delivering top quality service to all internal and external customers.
- Conveying information clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Technical proficiency in database management.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- To work under pressure and against tight timelines is required.
- Ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision as an individual as part of a team.
- Gather and comprehend information of a highly technical and/or complex nature.
- Use current advanced computer skills and learn new applications.
- Train and direct others in the use of computer software and applications.
- Prioritize work and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Multi-task while producing quality deliverables.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment.
- Associate’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of facilities management system experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.