Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Sr. Technician to join our Transportation Technologies team in San Antonio, Texas.
The Transportation Technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team’s services cover all aspects of clients’ needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
The Sr. Technician will operate/maintain all testing equipment; troubleshoot test stand or instrumentation malfunctions and make repairs or corrections. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of related experience.
- Works with engineering and mechanic staff to verify proper installation/set-up of equipment prior to the start of test
- Maintains test equipment by checking for basic functionality and/or making adjustments to ensure that the equipment is fit for purpose.
- Works with engineering staff to procure equipment for future tests
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on all lab equipment to assure good working condition.
- Monitors equipment operation to ensure acceptable performance over the course of a test.
- Works closely with engineering staff to meet customer’s timing requirements.
- Troubleshoots test apparatus or instrumentation malfunctions.
- Trains and frequently oversees the work of lower level technicians.
- HS Diploma or GED or the equivalent in terms of education, experience and training
- 5+ years mechanical experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in all major functions of testing operations
- Regularly lifting up 20 lbs
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs
- Prolong periods of standing
- Physical movement requiring crouching, reaching and climbing ladders
- Use of hand tools and installation of diagnostic equipment and emissions equipment
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.