GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar field or equivalent education and experience.
This position regularly responds to new, unfamiliar, and original situations, and therefore requires attention to detail which requires demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
Demonstrated organizational and analytical ability, good judgment, self-direction, and excellent oral and written communication skills are integral to the performance of the position’s duties.
A working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software is essential.
Extensive lean or six-sigma training and/or certification is desired.
Five years of related contracts experience desirable, with a working knowledge of FAR/DFARS and UCC preferred.
ABOUT THE JOB!
The Sr. Contract Specialist manages government and commercial contract activities for Gentex Corporation, potentially across all sites, including simple to complex RFQs/RFPs; international contracts; negotiating contract terms and prices; reviewing contract language; and serving as a liaison between the company and customer.
- Reviews Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and Market Surveys, including Terms and Conditions, Past Performance Information, and Proposal Summaries as required by management on a case-by-case basis.
- Serves as primary contracts POC to customer for major programs. Expected to travel to meet with customers and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for coordination of major program meeting audits (i.e., Post-Award meetings, audits, etc.) and delivery commitments.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Gentex Corporation information in various government databases.
- Identifies the need for, develops, and maintains contract procedures for Gentex Corporation. Provides training to applicable staff on these procedures.
- Provides guidance to managers and other employees at Gentex Corporation on the contractual implications of various activities including quality, production, shipping, communication, paperwork, etc.
- Actively participates in corporate Contracts Meetings. Conducts periodic audits of Gentex Corporation records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Work with corporate accounting function on contract pricing, auditing, funding, invoicing, and payment issues.
- Seeks out training opportunities to improve knowledge of U.S. government and international contract requirements.
- Reviews contracts/purchase order language to identify detailed shipping, inspection, certification, delivery requirements, part numbers, FAR/DFAR flow downs, and special instructions.
- Project manage contracts/coordinate with Project Manager throughout life of contract.
- Schedule flexibility to support critical deadlines may be required.
Gentex’s Carbondale facility it located in North Eastern Pennsylvania and is part of Lackawanna County and the Blue Ridge Mountain Range. Carbondale is just minutes away from Scranton, PA about 100 miles from New York City and Philadelphia. The area hosts many local state parks, nature areas and local colleges and universities, including The University of Scranton and Marywood University. The Northeast PA is a beautiful rural area and offers an excellent cost of living and is a great place to work, recreate, meet people, raise a family and live!
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.