Prestigious law firm seeks a specialized Legal Secretary to provide Patent and Trademark secretarial support to the Intellectual Property department. Must have relevant patent prosecution experience; knowledge of PTO Filing and E-Filing procedures a must.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and handle unexpected events.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision but also works well within a team.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be experienced in the field of Trademarks for at least 3+ years.
- Ability to identify areas and processes for improvement and takes action to implement change.
- High level of technical skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and other firm software applications.
- Production of Trademark Prosecution documents including electronic filing of Trademark Applications, Statement of Use, Statement of Use Extension Requests, Combined Declarations of Use and Renewals, Recordation of Assignments.
- Prepare client letters advising of Trademark Publication, Notice of Allowance, Approval of Extension Requests, Certificates of Registration and Renewal Acceptance.
- Review and update daily docket for trademark attorney (send weekly reminders and coordinate with docket clerk weekly on due dates).
- Transcription of tapes.
- Performed administrative duties including entering time slips, expense requests, opening new files, maintaining client files, updating client information and coordinating travel arrangements as needed.
- Manage invoices for clients.
- Responsible for docketing all incoming Trademark Prosecution documents from USPTO, i.e., Office Actions, Statements of Use, Notices of Allowance, Notices of Publication, Registration Certificates, etc.
- Responsible for docketing Civil Action matters and TTAB matters.
- Monitored status of pending Trademark Applications and make sure all newly filed Trademark Application are entered into firm’s database for accuracy.
Please submit resume and salary requirement. Excellent benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
\*EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER\*
The Firm prioritizes the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and families. Proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Patent and Trademark Secretarial: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistants & Receptionists: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location