The Legal Aid Society's Management Information Systems (MIS) Department has an immediate need for a Storage Engineer. This position reports directly to the Systems Administration Manager of MIS. The main responsibility of this role is to manage the NetApp storage platforms for The Legal Aid Society. The Society has two SAN storage systems, NetApp 6290 and NetApp 8020, and more than 110 VM servers and CIFS data working under NetApp. Performance, snapshots, and overall health are key components in maintaining both NetApp platforms.
- Monitor NetApp 6290 and 8020 performance
- Create and maintain data stores, LUNS, and CIFS share
- Troubleshoot NetApp issues as they occur, including after hours and on weekends
- Collaborate with NetApp support to resolve critical issues with the system. Must be familiar with PuTTY session to manage commands on NetApp
- Create and maintain the schedules for snapshots of CIFS data and 110 VM servers
- Secure CIFS data with Symantec protection engine for NAS
- Upgrade software, apply patches, and ensure physical security of data
- Manage data protection and replication (of Volumes) with SnapMirror
- Disk deduplication of VM datastores and CIFS shares
- DNS for storage SVM's for name space resolution
- Monitor health and performance with OCI, OnCommand Performance Manager, Grafana, and PuTTY session
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years' experience providing NetApp administration and support
- Extensive experience with Data ONTAP 8 and Data ONTAP 9
- Experience using monitoring tools to improve NetApp performance
- Knowledge of protocol configuration for CIFS, iSCSI, NFS, and fiber channel
- Familiarity with NetApp VSC plugin for VMware
- Working experience with VMware 6.5, VM snapshots, VM tools, and logs
- The ability to prioritize a number of concurrent projects
- On-call troubleshooting experience with NetApp support
- Conceptual understanding of networks, data, and VM snapshots
- Excellent organizational and decision-making, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Experience with and knowledge of Windows server 2012, VMWare 6.5, and networking
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer - women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com opens an email client application .