US Citizens only
Must already have Top Secret/SCI clearance -- *plus* Full Scope poly -- used in the past 24 months
Position can be in Seattle, Denver, or Northern VA
Perm, full-time, direct-hire position. Salary + benefits -- relo assistance is avail
Systems Development Engineer - Pyxis
The AWS Pyxis team supports AWS Builder Tools services - like CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodePipeline. Our Systems Development Engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver cutting-edge services to our customers. Our team members own the scaling, automation and management of services across AWS regions specializing in regions that support the US Government.
AWS is looking for engineers passionate about both development and operations. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. This is a true DevOps role; you will be both allowed and expected to follow problems all the way to the end and work on implementing long term solutions and not just quick fixes. A candidate who wants to dive deep and understand how these large systems work will get a chance to excel in this position.
A Pyxis System Development Engineer will:
- Develop and deploy operational tools to automate processes and reduce operational overhead
- Work with other engineers to build and manage massively scaled services
- Work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems in complex systems with massive scale
The candidate should be familiar with Linux, including the following:
- System logging, auditing and performance monitoring
- Permissions and permissions management
- File System partitioning, formatting and mounting
- Network analysis
- DNS management
The candidate should be familiar with development practices, including the following:
- Object oriented design and development
- Service oriented architecture
- Infrastructure as code
- Version control (Git, Subversion, Mercurial)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years building and running systems for Internet-facing services
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building and maintaining systems for Internet-facing services running the Linux Operating System.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
- Full stack web framework experience (Express/Flask/Rails/React/Vue.js/AngularJS)
- Automation or monitoring framework experience, deployment or development
- Strong troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience with performance testing and tuning
- Experience with large distributed infrastructures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $999,999.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off