An international company in the recycled paper industry is hiring a purchasing manager. Must have experience in buying recycled waste paper. The company has built up wholly-owned subsidiaries in the United States, the United Kingdom, Holland, Japan and Australia, establishing a global procurement system of the recycled fiber covering all continents.
This Buyer position has a key role in driving profitable business decisions, and keeping track of the market trends and flow. The role is ideal for someone with the ability to analyse moderately complex financial, statistical, customer, and competitor price data, with the ability to initiate and manage applicable action.
- Work with existing and newly developed suppliers to purchase Mix OCC, SOP, OMG, or other recyclable fibers as needed.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best possible price and service to meet targeted volumes and profit margins.
- Troubleshoot cost, quality, loading and delivery concerns.
- Negotiate PO regarding cost, payment term, quality, transportation with suppliers in support of company’s strategic goals and requirements.
- Proactively identify and develop new suppliers whose quality standards meet company requirements
- Work with QC/SRM department to manage supplier selection process based on price, quality, service, capacity and reliability.
- Work with purchasing department head and QC/SRM department to develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships.
- Establish and update an approved supplier list and monitor supplier compliance with company standards and regulations.
- Critically analyze current purchasing activities, comply with established procedures, and propose process improvements where necessary.
- Work closely with all levels of the organization, including logistics team for booking and shipping arrangement, QC team to meet quality requirements, accounting team for AR /AP activities, and other related parties to ensure smooth movement of commodities.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes within the buyer-supplier dynamic
- Perform cost and scenario analysis with a thorough understanding of cost factors.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with the company’s purchasing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, materials management, or a related Supply Management field required.
- Prior experience in purchasing 3 years+ required.
- Knowledge of recycling or paper packaging industry a significant plus
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) and networking
- Proven negotiation skills or formal negotiation training
- Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel (creation of spreadsheets), PowerPoint (ability to do presentations), and Word (document creation).
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- waste paper purchasing: 3 years (Required)
- recycled fiber: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Paid time off