Golden State Water Company is one of the largest investor-owned water utilities in the United States. We have been all about water for more than 80 years. Our team of professionals delivers reliable, quality water and great service to customers in 75 communities across California.
Provides training and support to improve customer service and field operations employees’ job skills by ensuring their customer service needs are being recognized and addressed, they understand and adhere to the company’s Customer Service Procedures, and they give accurate information in a courteous and professional manner.
Key Job Functions:
- Writes, tests, and maintains the company’s customer service policies and procedures document, utilizing approved technology tools such as Infomap and UPK
- Provides assistance and support regarding the company’s customer service policies and procedures
- Reviews the quality of customer service transactions (Field Activities, Customer Correspondence, etc.) and other customer service performance metrics (such as GO 103a and Customer Satisfaction Survey responses) in order to identify gaps in performance quality
- Works directly with customer service, field operations, billing, and other support employees to assess their needs relative to current and future CC&B system functions, to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies, and to identify situations requiring training
- Provides input and recommendations to the CC&B Technical Team during the development and testing of CC&B enhancements to ensure that the changes appropriately address the needs of customer service and field operations employees
- Creates and provides timely and appropriate training sessions, job aides, coaching, and other learning strategies through a variety of media including phone, e-mail, web-based, and face-to-face to improve customer service and field operations employees job skills, including customer service training for new employees
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent works in an environment of routinely sensitive and confidential issues; therefore, the person in this position must have the ability to achieve policy objectives with respect to fair and equitable treatment, including accountability for confidentiality of information.As a responsible professional, this individual must work independently, exercise initiative and judgment in the performance of the core job responsibilities of this position. The incumbent also leads the efforts for continuous process improvements to ensure the integrity, quality and effectiveness of related CC&B information and its processes. The Specialist is responsible for providing first class support services to company’s employees. Therefore, the incumbent is accountable for demonstrating on-going leadership and service qualities to achieve business goals, realize financial results and help to establish new, as well as improvements to existing business standards and practices.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Administration, Communications, or General Studies is required
- Experience (at least two years) in delivering training programs that result in practical competency improvement outcomes
Qualities of a Successful Person in this Position:
- Ability to use consulting skills, business knowledge, and analysis to effectively integrate the CC&B solution in order to meet the needs of the customer service and field operations employees
- Ability to communicate and work with at all levels within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent computer skills (experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Energetic and able to motivate employees
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- High degree of initiative; self-starter
- Trustworthy; strong personal integrity
- Demonstrates strong level of accountability and ownership
- Emotional Maturity
The responsibilities of this position will involve access to information that may be considered confidential, private and sensitive. Therefore, the individual filling this position will be required to both allow and pass a background check.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
May include but not limited to standing, walking, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, lifting, reaching, stooping and crouching, color determination, typing, sitting, reading, speaking and listening.
Must be willing to travel up to 50% to District Offices/CSA’s