Making a career move is a big decision. At ditech, we have one of the industry’s most well-known brands. And while we’re committed to providing our customers with an exceptional experience, we believe that our employees deserve a great work environment, where they can grow, learn and achieve their professional dreams. Professional, friendly and encouraging; we are a fast-paced, fun place to work, learn and develop your skills. You’ll be creating a promising career for yourself and have the opportunity to earn a good living while helping our customers achieve an important life goal, homeownership.
This position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and is responsible for financial analysis, reporting and controls for the Servicing Segment. Functional duties include preparation of management analytics, financial review packages, and various ad hoc reporting. Position will also assist with oversight of the financial close process, compilation of reconciliation status and aging reporting, and coordination of SOX requests.
Candidate should be a strong team player with the ability to work independently. Candidate must be able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial review package
- Preparation of other GAAP, cash-based or ad hoc financial reporting for controllership and business management
- Preparation and completion of monthly analytics relative to prior periods, business plan and forecast including consideration of any key business drivers
- Coordinate and oversee month-end close ensuring entries are recorded in alignment with a 5 day month end close cycle
- Responsible for understanding core and default servicing processes and partnering with related business partners
- Independently identify problem areas, sift through multiple data sources, develop a sound analytical framework, and present results to senior management
- Apply change management techniques to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement, strengthening of controls and efficiencies to mitigate operational risk
- Preparation of supporting schedules for quarterly/annual earnings releases, presentations, disclosures and audits
- Compilation of reconciliation status and aging reporting of balance sheet accounts
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as assigned
- Support system enhancements, integration and conversions, ensuring system integration with ledger supports accounting requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5+ years Accounting or Finance experience, CPA preferred
- 2+ years public accounting experience, preferred
- Financial reporting experience, including balance sheet, income statements and cash flows
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and SOX control requirements
- Passion for partnering with business and collaborating with other finance team members
- Excellent communication, analytical, accounting, and financial skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-motivated professional with ability to prioritize and strong attention to details
- Excellent technical skills, with strong focus on MS Excel, Access, and SQL knowledge
Ditech Holding Corporation (“DHC”), Ditech Financial LLC (“Ditech”) and Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. (“RMS”) and their affiliates are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process or if you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please contact email@example.com.