Sponsorship Promoter / Account Executives
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events, and promotional opportunities to businesses in and out of the North Houston market. Proactively prospect and cold call to develop new Sponsorship opportunities. Maintain high level of customer focus and retention Conduct weekly business to business sales through face to face meetings. Create client-focused sales presentations to meet business’ marketing needs Achieve month, quarter and annual revenue goals CRITICAL
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS: Highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for sales and marketing Committed to building, developing, and growing new and existing relationships Positive energy and natural competitive spirit High problem solving and strategic thinking skills
· Execute assistance functions in a radio sales department.
· Assist radio sales staff in capturing sponsorship proposals.
· Assist radio sales in executing advertising and campaign activities.
· Assist radio sales personnel in creating and editing client video campaigns.
· Organize radio sales meetings in an effective manner.
· Build internal and external customer relations.
· Assist sales personnel in managing the sales department.
· Manage customer databases with customers’ needs and objectives.
· Coordinate on-location radio advertising promotions.
· Adhere and comply with the corporate rules and regulations.
· Able to identify client business needs by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key market and consumer trends to proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
· Deliver effective sales presentations; negotiation and closing
· Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means to build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
· Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis
· Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Cumulus in the marketplace
· Think creatively and generate original ideas
· Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
· Comprehension of sales metrics in order to fill a sales funnel and robust pipeline of residual business
· Positive attitude with the willingness to get beyond comfort zone to grow professionally
· High energy and passion for the job
· Flexible and creative
· Digitally savvy
· 1-5 years in Media Sales background required
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Mass Communications, or related field is preferred
What we offer:
Commission-based organization with uncapped earning potential
Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
KNLY 91.1FM The Boss is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Job Types: Temporary, Contract, Commission
Salary: $20,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- driver's license (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required