We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The ETOPS Sustainment Program Manager is responsible for assuring timely root-cause analysis of aircraft systems and procedural failures, and rapid implementation of corrective actions that will preclude future occurrences and protect our Customers to ensure the highest level of safety, compliance, reliability, and operational readiness in support of FAA regulations and SWA processes.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- Monitor and evaluate ETOPS related alerts, coordinating closely with Maintenance control to assist in the correction and resolution of issues
- Manage sustainment of SWA ETOPS authority by facilitating improvements to the fleet, Maintenance Program, Reliability Program, Engineering, or processes used for ETOPS operations
- Actively lead the root-cause process for ETOPS operational irregularities to assure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements
- Monitor aircraft and fleet reliability data for trends that could affect ETOPS operations, participating in event investigations as required
- Manage SMS process for changes that impact the ETOPS processes and fleet.
- Review, monitor, and evaluate the aircraft maintenance program and MPM processes for potential impact to the ETOPS program
- Work closely with the Fleet Reliability department to help develop corrective action plans to address adverse trends, performing follow-up on effectiveness of those plans, and provide detailed briefings to Senior Leadership at the monthly Reliability Control Board Meeting
- Work closely with peers, and internal and external Customers to support ongoing monitoring of ETOPS designated maintenance stations, ensuring adherence and execution of established ETOPS processes and procedures
- Monitor the Boeing Configuration Maintenance and Procedures (CMP)document as well as the SWA configuration status of the ETOPS fleet
- Monitor ETOPS regulatory guidance and update the SWA ETOPS processes and procedures as needed
- Monitor Reliability Program and provide Reliability data, statistics, and analysis for aircraft performance related requests at an exceptional level of customer service
- Other duties or activities as assigned
Required - High School Diploma or GED
Required - Four year college degree in Aviation, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics related field OR equivalent experience.
Preferred - MBA
- 8 years’ experience in Aircraft Maintenance, Maintenance Control, Quality Assurance, Maintenance Programs, and Reliability Programs in Aviation related field, or equivalent, required
- ETOPS operational and maintenance experience with an FAA regulated airline, strongly preferred
- Two or more years supervisory experience in an airline maintenance organization, preferred
- Airframe and Powerplant license required
- Must be able to work in office environment and able to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to access all sections of company aircraft, climb ladders/stands and remain in the sitting position for long periods of time
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Possess the ability to reason and make sound timely decisions in a high pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable and skilled in delivering formal communication, both written and verbal, to various levels of the organization including Customers, Subject Matter Experts, and Sr. Leaders
- Proficiency reading and understanding aircraft maintenance manuals and work instructions
- Possess excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability and desire to deal with technology concepts
- Able and willing to travel and represent SWA at industry meetings and conferences
- Able to develop ETOPS reports and presentations
- Manages and coordinates multi-departmental presentations to affected work groups and Senior Leadership
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Willing to work flexible schedule as needed, including overnight and weekends approximately 10% of the time
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer