Help us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market! At Glassdoor, we have more than 70+ million unique users and thousands of business customers that together are revolutionizing the way phenomenal employees find great jobs and companies.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you'll play a key role in developing our technology base and helping the company move forward to a more current technology stack. You'll be responsible for all aspects of database administration for our production and development database environments that support nearly 70+ million unique users a month (and growing). We currently have multiple production OLTP databases, a data warehouse and a half dozen staging and QA database servers.
Our DBA team focuses on creating, configuring and maintaining SQL Server and Postgres databases. In addition, they own our DR and HA strategies, and play an important part in setting the technology trends and standards we will be building upon in the future.
In this role you will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers and product managers – so good social and interpersonal skills are also a requirement. Most importantly, we're looking for an individual who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver high-quality solutions.
Who You Are
As one of a team of 3, you'll need to be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and shows an eagerness to learn new technologies as the needs arise. You love to tackle problems and take independent action, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, and generate new ideas
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years SQL Server Database Administration (Any experience with Postgres is a huge plus!)
- Currently working with SQL Server 2017 with AlwaysOn Availability Groups in high volume, high availability production database systems
- Expert at troubleshooting performance issues related to CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other types of resource contention
- Extensive knowledge of AWS -- EC2 and RDS are required
- Expertise in disaster recovery, log shipping and mirroring
- Knowledge of partitioning strategies and having worked with very large tables
- Knowledge of SSIS a plus
- Experience with PowerShell highly preferred
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.