Bob Evans…Where Good Grows!
· Does the thought of supporting thousands of employees across multiple states excite you?
· Do you enjoy being a part of a team where collaboration is embraced as much as individual contribution?
· Do you like working at a place where your thoughts and ideas are always taken into consideration?
· If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage you to apply.
At Bob Evans, you are in the driver’s seat of your career. As Bob Evans himself liked to say, “You can’t look at your future in your rearview mirror.” Put that turn signal on, change directions, and head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.
· Restaurant Human Resources and recruiting experience strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, or other similar degree strongly preferred.
· PHR or SHRM-CP required or be able to become certified as such within 3 months of hire.
· Position will be based in New Albany, OH (Columbus area). Relocation assistance provided.
· We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests.
· Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant and participates in E Verify.
Regional Human Resources Generalist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of HR and Talent Management
POSITION LOCATION: Restaurant Support Center (RSC): New Albany, OH
Statement of Purpose:
This position is responsible for overseeing the effective administration of Human Resources (HR) programs for the assigned restaurants. This employee will be responsible for maximizing the contribution of HR in the areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, employee development, and HR administration. This employee will build strong working relationships, influence key decision makers, and communicate effectively across multiple levels in the organization.
· Maintains strict confidentiality related to sensitive information
· Acts as a primary point of contact for Directors of Operations (DOs) for all people related matters
· Partners with assigned DOs in effectively staffing restaurants with managers
· Screens all manager candidates and conduct preliminary interviews on qualified candidates. Refer acceptable candidates for next level interviews and coordinate as needed
· Coaches DOs on how to effectively staff their restaurants with non-management personnel
· Effectively advertises open positions, coordinates recruiting campaigns, utilizes of third party recruiters, and other sources to meet the needs of the business within the recruiting budget
· Functions as a member of the regional management team to promote and ensure all human resource programs are implemented effectively within company guidelines
· Ensures policies and procedures along with state and federal laws regarding employment practices, EEOC, employee relations, compensation, FMLA/ADA, and other related HR practices are followed in assigned restaurants
· Coaches managers and DOs regarding HR practices, policies and problem resolution
· Recommends and advises on performance and disciplinary actions to ensure adherence to company policy and legal compliance
· Monitors and recommends action on the candidate and employee experience in assigned restaurants
· Ensures the Misconduct Investigation Process is effectively utilized in assigned restaurants
· Conducts on-site investigations as needed
· Effectively partners with the HR Representative on triaging HR calls, unemployment matters, employment verifications, records checks, and other HR administrative matters
· Analyzes HR metrics and data and recommends action
· Supports the successful achievement of goals in turnover, recruiting, and HR training
· Conducts training of HR related subject matter as needed
· Acts as a resource/liaison for HR programs
· Audits personnel records as needed to ensure accuracy and compliance with legal guidelines
· Conducts exit interviews as needed to identify deficiencies/opportunities
· Participates on cross functional teams in the developing of organizational strategies
· Travels as necessary to perform the duties of the job: Approximately 10% travel and some overnights
· All other duties assigned
· Excellent oral and written communication skills - particularly, the ability to articulate plans, solutions and results
· Highly developed interpersonal skills - particularly, building effective relationships with business leaders, demonstrating confident leadership presence, and motivating teams
· Knowledgeable of all company policies and procedures
· Knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations as they pertain to HR management
· Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, applicant tracking system (ATS), personnel management system, electronic file system, and other systems/programs as needed
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong planning and organization skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Ability to adapt to operational/organizational changes, with little to no notice
· General knowledge of functional support areas including restaurant operations, human resources, supply chain, culinary, training, marketing, finance, and legal
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, motivate and mentor others
· Demonstrated expertise in hiring, staffing, training, bench planning, succession planning, and the ongoing management of a multi-lingual staff
· Ability to effectively handle and manage confidential and sensitive information
· Solid communicator with effective presentation skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
· Ability to achieve results through influential leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or closely related field or combination of education and experience
· PHR or SHRM-CP professional certification in Human Resources preferred
· Five years of multi-unit restaurant HR experience with strengths in talent acquisition, employee relations, and training preferred
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
· A minimum age of 21 years
Location: 8111 Smith's Mill Road, New Albany, OH 43054
Job Type: Full-time