We are looking for a talented, motivated Architect to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction. You will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match client’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Work on projects from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage and environmental impact
- Help in the production of detailed drawings.
- Compile project specifications as needed.
- Keep within budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate with construction professionals.
- Proven working experience as an architect
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software: AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, Revit.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills
- BS degree in Architecture
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Must live in the Chicago area now
- AutoCAD: 4 years (Required)
- Sketchup: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location