Employment Benefits at the MBTA
The MBTA offers comprehensive benefits packages to employees. Types of benefits offered at the MBTA are subject to the union affiliation / Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) of the position to which you apply. Benefits that may apply to your position include the following:
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life (basic and supplemental), Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Retirement: pension or deferred compensation 401(a), plus MBTA contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $10,000 per year)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for student loans
- Commuter Choice Parking Program: pre-tax benefits for parking
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): pre-tax benefits for healthcare-related expenses
- Discounted tickets for concerts, movies, travel / vacation, etc. via TicketsAtWork.com
- Shopping discounts via GovX.com
- Verizon and AT&T service discounts
- And more...
The above information is meant to be a general overview of the benefit programs offered by the MBTA. This summary is not a contract and
is not meant to change the provisions of union contracts or Authority policy and does not establish a binding past practice.
The MBTA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer