How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Secretary III provides assistance utilizing secretarial support skills to maintain departmental operation. Performs a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinates office procedures in support of the department.
This position is 4 days a week, 8 hours a day. Department hours are 8-4:30PM.
The day in the life of the Secretary III includes:
Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
- Files reports, prepares documents, and forwards correspondence.
- Answers telephone and takes accurate and detailed messages. Prioritizes call through screening process. Refer calls to appropriate personnel. Answers questions, which may involve the interpretation of routine policies and procedures. Resolves routine matters that do not require the intervention of the department manager. Telephone calls are answered within three rings and in a courteous manner. Accurately interprets and clearly communicates the department's policies and procedures.
- Reviews and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
- Assists in coordination of special projects.
Types memos, letters, reports, and other related items, takes dictation and maintains files on correspondence. Typing and dictation are error free and formatted appropriately and within the appropriate timeframes.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs or equivalent relevant experience.
- Some experience with secretarial or administrative duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate's Degree or higher.