McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager, Incident Management
Project Manager – Incident ManagementAs part of the larger Credit Solutions organization, the Incident Manager will providedirection for overall command and control for incidents that threaten or impact CapitalOne’s business operations. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to lead initiatives involving Capital One’sIncident Management Program overarching framework, plans, policies, and processes.This role will have the opportunity to apply project and process management, strategic,and analytical skills to some of our highest profile issues. This role has a high level ofexposure across lines of business and has the opportunity to create and implementinnovative solutions.Characteristics Desired:
- Experience with using complex data environment with multiple product systems
for various tasks such as regular reporting, ad hoc queries, and incident triaging.
- Experience with tracking incidents and providing dashboard views of
issues/tickets across time
- Strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, with experience performing
impact and root cause analyses, recommending solutions, and supporting
- Demonstrated effective communication skills across multiple business
workstreams to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, while maintaining focus on
deadlines and high quality results
- Strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and ability to communicate
effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Eager to understand the value provided to the business by improving product
systems and data quality
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the
- Capacity to adapt to and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Develop and leverage key relationships with stakeholders that enable
collaboration across the enterprise to facilitate preparedness, response, and
- Facilitate incident response by identifying process gaps and engaging
appropriate teams to resolve product system and data issues.
- Identify and track events and issues to mitigate risk to Capital One.
- Coordinate with applicable business areas to define/ implement remediation
- Day-to-day oversight of multiple processes: monitor, report, and plan process
improvement or redesign initiatives.
- Drive resolution of issues
- Identify, propose and manage process enhancements within the Crisis
Management Framework, including templates, tools, and other guidance to
evolve the program.
- Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are
appropriately assessed, documented and implemented.
- Actively participate in team-oriented efforts.
- Collaborate on larger initiatives, including representing department on broader
change control forums for input and to represent department interests.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience with technical incident resolution or at least 2 years of experience with product defect resolution
- 3-5 of Project Management, Incident Response, Business Process Management, or Risk Management experience
At least 3 years of experience working with business owners and/or Subject Matter Experts to appropriately assess business impact of incidents/defects
- At least 1 year of management experience
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects
and programs in Risk
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Technical certification in Java, Python, SQL.
- 3-5 years of developing and facilitating incident response routines and
- 3-5 years of experience in incident response and recovery operations
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal
and external business clients
- Industry certification in Operational Risk or Incident Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.