Railroad Track Maintenance Technician-TME-USFL01667069
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for a Track Maintenance Technician for our Sanford, Florida facility.
In your role as a Maintenance of Way Technician you will:
Reporting to the Foreman or designate, the Operator performs a variety of tasks related to the operation of heavy construction and maintenance of way equipment in the construction and maintenance of track.
- Operates track equipment to install ties/rail
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
- Performs equipment safety, maintenance checks and routine repairs
- Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary
- Signals directions or warnings to coworkers
- Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines other equipment, other workers, and falling objects
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems encountered
- Pushes other equipment when extra traction or assistance if required
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum one year experience with track equipment in a rail environment
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Preferred Experience operating track equipment.
- 1 year(s) Railroad Maintenance of Way work experience
- Qualified in Roadway Worker Protection
- Heavy equipment operator experience
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires.
- Outside work is required regardless of weather conditions.
- Work takes place in many rural remote geographic areas.
- On the road or traveling, as required.
- Work may be seasonal based on weather, business conditions, or seniority
- The railroad operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may be required to work all 3 shifts, if needed. You are subject to overtime, and weekend, holiday, and/or night work.
- Must provide your own transportation.
- Travel may be required
- Walking extensively on uneven surfaces
- Continuous bending, stooping and kneeling are required for this position
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). Must practice safe work habits to prevent on the job accidents and injuries. Must utilize all protective equipment assigned
- Compliance with the applicable attendance policy is an essential function of this position
- Must be willing and able to work around large equipment such as railcars, locomotives and cranes
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Train Operations & Maintenance
01.06.2018, 1:31:07 PM
01.07.2018, 10:59:00 PM