Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc., is a rapidly emerging biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative therapies that merge medicine with technology.
At Intarcia, we seek to transform the standard of care and improve patient outcomes in major therapeutic categories for serious chronic diseases, such as diabetes. We successfully completed our Phase 3 clinical trial program for our lead product, ITCA 650, and submitted our New Drug Application filing in the U.S. in 2016.
Additionally, we are developing a pipeline of products for our proprietary Medici Drug Delivery System™, comprised of three unique technologies: 1) A stabilization technology that allows for proteins, peptides, antibody fragments, and other highly potent small molecules to be stabilized at or above human body temperatures for up to three years or more; 2) A matchstick-sized osmotic mini-pump that is placed just under the dermal layer of skin to deliver a continuous and consistent flow of medication; and 3) A placement technology including proprietary tools designed to provide an optimal user experience.
We Are Growing
Since our 2012 round of financing, much progress has taken place at Intarcia, including significant enhancements to our world-class manufacturing facility, the opening of our new headquarters in Boston's Innovation Center, and the diversification of expertise on our Board of Directors and Leadership Team through new senior leaders who contribute vital new capabilities and experiences.
A key element of pride during our progress has been our ability to remain fully independent throughout our rounds of financing so that we continue to have full strategic and executional control over all aspects of our rapidly evolving business. While we are always accountable to our stakeholders, we are – and intend to remain – the driving vision and force behind our progress and our ultimate success.
As a key member of our Engineering & Maintenance team, the Maintenance Planner Scheduler is responsible for generating, planning, & scheduling preventive and corrective maintenance and calibration Work Orders (WOs) for the Engineering and Maintenance team. The Maintenance Planner Scheduler will support the effective business administration of the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) Maximo.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintains libraries for Preventive Maintenance Job Plans, Data Sheets, Assets, Materials, Tools and Labor in Maximo.
- Establish proper task sequence, duration, technicians, tools, materials and parts to properly execute the job.
- Participate and represent maintenance planning and scheduling function in daily and weekly planning meetings with production and operations representatives.
- Schedule weekly maintenance work in agreement with production, engineering and maintenance teams, and in accordance with Safety and Environmental requirements, ensuring limited down time, and promoting technician workload productivity.
- Support kitting of all WOs, including parts, tools, and standards.
- the sustainment and organization of spare parts and maintenance materials in the parts warehouse including part reconciliation and cycle counting.
- Track WO accomplishments and use technician feedback to improve quality of Job Plans.
- Track and ensure service contracts and vendor qualified status are updated and in place, as required.
- Generate vendor contracts, purchase orders, and qualifications by coordinating with service providers, vendors, and internal legal, finance, and quality representatives.
- Send out equipment for repairs and schedule onsite services by external vendors and providers, as required.
- Support new asset onboarding in accordance with procedures and practices.
- Participate in group teams for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support procurement records and reconciliation procurement, accounting, and maintenance systems.
- Supports the implementation of CMMS preventative maintenance, calibration, and MRO spare parts program.
- Support the value analysis of assets to determine repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Prior maintenance planning/coordination experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous maintenance or equivalent experience in a GMP manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge & experience using Maximo for planning purposes.
- Must have strong computer/database management skills, including ability to create and manage complex spreadsheets.
- Must be proficient using computers & software programs such as Maximo, SAP, Microsoft Products (Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Explorer, etc.)
- Must have the ability to effectively prioritize tasks that align to changing business needs.
Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent technical writing abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with our co-workers, contractors, and inspectors.
- Ability to visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
- Ability to drive cost savings opportunities within the facility by working jointly with our supplier base and/or customer.
- Results-oriented with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMMS systems and inventory management.
Good interpersonal, follow up, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong team player aligned with Intarcia Corporate Values.