In a world where there is seemingly an infinite number of Government Services firms, we strive to not just be “a” place to work, but to be “the” place to work! Here at ASET Partners we are currently seeking a Data Scientist to support an Army client in the Abingdon, Maryland area.
- Possesses a working knowledge of statistics, programming, and predictive modeling
- Knowledge of Software System Safety principles and concepts
- Review and advise software development team products to ensure that code architecture, design, and implementation complies with MIL-STD 882E (DoD Standard Practice System Safety) and the Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH)
- Utilizing strong critical thinking skills and the relates them to system safety principles
- Displays understanding of and ability to use programming languages like Python, Java, MATLAB and SQL
- Ensures that testing and validation procedures of software modules meet safety standards
- Collaborate with Software Development teams to provide data models and code analysis
- Experience with data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines
- Generate and prepare tactical and strategic data science products to support the program
- Assistance with technical articles, mathematical analysis reports, algorithm development, and validation methodologies
- Possesses strong exploratory analysis skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical audiences
- Exhibits the ability to think and research creatively
- Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Possesses a good background in algorithm development
- Has a strong capability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the following tools:
- MATLAB for algorithm development/validation
- Python for Machine Learning, dataset analysis and modeling
- Java for code development and review
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Structure), in addition to GitHub;
- Experience with statistics and using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with Software Safety standards such as MIL-STD 882E (DoD Standard Practice System Safety) and/or the Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience importing/exporting, handling and manipulating medium to large datasets. (Real-time or AI/machine-learning NOT required)
- Strong skills and experience in Excel spreadsheet work including associated graphics (in Excel, and/or in commercial software like Tableau)
- Ability to rapidly learn client on-site data systems and access/download data for off-line analysis
- Basic knowledge/experience with statistical methods (especially regression, control charting, simple data displays)
- Ability to function in a multi-discipline team
- Professional client-facing skills and communication, both verbal and written
- Productive in delivering monthly analytic reports and contract deliverables within defined timelines
Top 10 Reasons Our Employees Love Working at ASET:
1. Outstanding benefits! Including:
- We are a growing IT consulting and professional services firm that combines large-business experience with small-business efficiency and ingenuity
- Founded in 2008
- We are a HUBZone certified small business
- Profitable from day one, zero debt
- Offices in Alexandria, VA and Baltimore, MD
- Over 75 employees and growing
- Over 15 active contracts supporting 10+ Federal Agencies
- Our mission is to drastically change our client's expectations... one program at a time
health, dental, and vision care, a 401k retirement plan with up to a 4% company paid contribution, and employee achievement and merit awards to name a few.
2. We have very high hiring standards, so their co-workers are just as smart and talented as they are.
3. We are not profit driven; we are results driven and believe that profits will follow.
4. Unlike Office Space, our employees do not have eight bosses. They have just one or two, and they are not micromanagers. It's not our style and we just don't have time for it!
5. We're different than the rest. Our employees love our unique small-company culture.
6. We have established a trusted relationship with all our clients and refuse to make recommendations that aren't in our clients' best interests.
7. They feel appreciated and recognized for the contributions they make each day.
8. We offer a healthy work-life balance, flexible schedules, and competitive pay.
9. They love that we have been constantly growing. It's exciting to add new folks and it offers many opportunities for career advancement and growth.
10. We work hard, and we play hard, too! We host quarterly company-wide lunches, regular happy hours and an annual New Year's party in January as a way of saying 'thank you' to our hard-working staff.
ASET Partners Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.