As the Store Manager, you will have the great responsibility to inspire, motivate, lead and develop an entire store team. You will provide leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully champion business strategies, vision and values. Additionally, you will impact the overall bottom line by maintaining optimal staffing levels, recruiting, hiring, educating, and motivating a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire the customer. You are responsible for setting the example for customer engagement that exceeds industry standards. You will maximize store profitability by controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed. You will create an environment aligned with the Van Doren Spirt and will always put our internal and external customers first. Most importantly, you will foster an environment that promotes youth culture connectivity and creative self-expression.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Sales and Profitability : Maximizes store sales and achieves store sales goals. Measures and monitors sales progress and results against key targets. Leads an environment of productivity by ensuring store staff has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. Manages labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
2. Brand Experience/Customer Service : Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Sets standards that all staff are engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Leads and inspires customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams’ successes. Ensures the store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community initiatives outside the four walls of the store. Supports store marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
3. Training and Coaching Team : Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. Monitors, evaluates, and executes training programs. Leverages corporate partners to educate staff on product and assortment to enhance selling and customer engagement. Organizes and leads store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth. Partners with District Manager and/or Human Resources to set performance goals for team for their personal skills development.
4. Operations : Ensures that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all store audit requirements. Creates and manages store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor allowance. Responsible for achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, loss prevention, store audits, and weekly reports as required.
5. Visual Merchandising : Ensures the visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Implements floor-sets and merchandising directives. Communicates with corporate partners regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store’s inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating concerns directly to the District Manager as needed.
6. Human Resource Management : Attracts, recruits, and hires high caliber talent. Actively maintains a succession plan and pool of qualified candidates for open positions within the store. Creates and develops a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Responsible for communication and delivery of rewards and recognition programs for the store team. Directs store leadership team on human resource decisions in partnership with District Manager and/or Human Resources. Addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback are provided to the team. Oversees the annual performance appraisal process, evaluates staff, and ensures all staff members receive ongoing feedback regarding their performance. Ensures compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all HR/Payroll requirements according to established standards and practices including new hires, rehires, position changes, etc. Partners with District Manager and Human Resources and facilitates disciplining and terminating employees when necessary. Maintains the Open Door Policy.
7. Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance : Ensures compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Loss Prevention partners to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with District Manager and Human Resources immediately.
8. Professional Conduct : Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and Vans. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others .
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Management Experience: 2+ years.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Associated Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 3+ years’ experience in a fast pace retail environment
· Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
· Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
· Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
· Standing required for entire work shift
· Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
· Travel (less than 10% of time)
· Coaching and Developing Others
· Operational Decision Making
· Customer Focus
· Selecting Talent
· Building Trust
· Driving for Results