Merakey is seeking a Residential Aide to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Philadelphia, PA.
- Work involves providing individualized care, activities of daily living, including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents in leisure activities, work and day programming
- Work also entails all chores necessary to maintain as normal a living environment as possible, i.e., laundry and housekeeping
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures under the supervision of the House Manager who reviews results through living area observation of activities in progress, residents' responsiveness, inspection of living area, reports and periodic meetings
- Staff will be required to follow a designated shift routine and assignments as outlined by the House Manager
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Minimum education - "verifiable High School Diploma or GED"
- A current and valid Driver's License is required for community based homes
- Related experience is helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled