Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Plant Manager/HR Manager
Location: Easton, PA
Department: Office Direct Reports: none
This position is responsible for providing direct support to the plant management team in all aspects of office administration as well as support the human resources function for both PA and CA sites. General responsibilities include managing daily front desk and administrative duties, production results data entry and assigned human resources responsibilities for recruiting, onboarding and other HR projects as needed. This position requires the ability to handle information and documents in a professional and confidential manner.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must present a professional image and demeanor.
- Takes a proactive approach to offering support to overall plant initiatives.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including filing, mailing, scanning, faxing and copying.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Answers and transfer phone calls, or relays messages as appropriate.
- Greet and direct visitors, open, sort and distribute mail
- Recognizes and handles front door security concerns, stop trespassers and unauthorized visitors from gaining entrance to facility.
- Contributes to plant related events (fundraisers, picnic, etc.)
- Perform data entry and scan documents to shared server.
- Schedules meetings and arranges for conference rooms or makes other logistical arrangements necessary to ensure successful meeting/events.
- Organizes and orders lunch, as needed for visitors and/or meetings.
- Orders office supplies (stationary and kitchen) ensuring adequate stocks are maintained.
- Prepares/modifies documents.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Managers
- Tracks and manages monthly safety training for the Easton location. Ensures that all documents are audit ready. Schedules monthly safety topics in conjunction with the overall EHS plan.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Takes an active role with the Onboarding process.
- Preparation of new hire payroll & benefit kits.
- Manages safety training for new hires.
- Schedule candidates for interviews
- Posts job ads externally and internally for open positions.
- Assists with and provides back-up to HR Manager for new hire orientation.
Prepare/send Offer letters.
- Assists employees with annual Open enrollment
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Assists HR Manager with various HR related projects and/or implementations.
- Associate Degree in Business/HR preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in an Administrative role
- Experience in a manufacturing setting a plus.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to learn technical terms, processes, and piping design vocabulary.
- Computer proficient, especially with Excel and Word. SAP experience desired.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
Strong Work Ethic
High level of empathy Excellence in Service
Growth and development oriented
Core and Critical Competencies:
Problem Solving Skills
Self-management in stressful times Focus on Ethics
Strong computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Operate office machinery
SAP experience a plus Basic Math skills
Sitting: Frequently up to 8 hours
Standing: Often up to 3 hours
Walking: Frequently Squatting/Stooping: Occasionally
Lifting up to 25#: Occasionally
Lifting over 25#: Rarely
- The employee is responsible to comply with all company and government safety regulations and procedures.
- Must wear proper PPE when entering the production facility.
Georg Fischer Harvel, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)