For over 80 years family-owned Santa Monica Seafood has been the leader in premier seafood distribution and a champion of sustainability. Our public facing Retail & Restaurant locations in Santa Monica and Costa Mesa represent one-of-a-kind experiences where Guests can enjoy the highest quality and the widest selection of pristine product to inspire the home chef, or dine-in the restaurant that features both classic and progressive preparations to delight the foodie or traditionalist. We are looking to recruit magnetic, passionate, and motivated leaders to join our family for both existing projects and the potential for new concepts on the horizon.
The right candidate will be a passionate industry leader & role model who is charismatic, self-motivated and thrives in a dynamically evolving environment. He/She must possess a high level of understanding in retail and/or restaurant operations, excellent communication & organizational skills, ability to multi-task & delegate effectively, drive financial results, and possess a proven track record of mentoring team & peers alike. This Culinarian – a foodie at heart – will be expected to live and respect our culture of pristine product and soulful cuisine… while simply oozing hospitality.
A qualified Assistant General Manager candidate mustpossess four years of experience in a supervisory role driving Specialty Markets and/or in a Full-Service Restaurant environment driving high standards. The right candidate has successfully driven results through salaried direct reports, adept at navigating the financial components of the business, and a track record of building passionate disciples amongst the hourly team and salaried leadership alike.
This position requires a high level of attention to detail in order to succeed in an environment of high standards – always with humility, respect and integrity. Candidates at all levels will be involved in all aspects of operations, mentorship of the team, and driving service and Guest interaction in accordance with standards. There are opportunities for future advancement and the perfect candidate would be the individual completely open to guidance while still chomping at the bit to take on more.
If you are a Leader who has a strong desire to be a mentor to Seafood Specialists who get excited sharing with our Guests the newest and freshest product featured in the market, a Server who loves to gush about what’s seasonal on the menu, Bussers/Runners who learn something new about product on every shift, or a Host or Cashier that Guests can’t help but smile at… than you share our vision. If you're the type of Leader who can’t help but to cultivate that type of culture and refuses to accept anything less... we very much want to hear from you.
Best in Class Benefits and Perks
· Manageable Schedule and Quality of Life!
· Health coverage- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) with company match (4%)
· 20% employee discount, paid vacation and sick time
· Discounted employee meals
· Leadership and management development skills training
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Oversees the operations of the restaurant, working to maximize profitability while upholding the company’s mission, values, policies, quality and guest experience standards.
· Works the floor actively, applying a hand-on approach.
· Hires, assign, trains, motivates, and evaluates team members as necessary.
· Independent management of approximately 60 store employees over multiple departments while creating and maintaining a positive environment for both staff and customers.
· Manages inventory levels and replenishes goods and operating materials.
· Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents.
· Maintains a high level of hospitality towards guest as well as within the team.
· Work with the General Manager and Senior Management to implement systems that improve overall store operations.
· Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills.
· Excellent communication, leadership and team-building skills
· Availability to work a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to lift to 50 pounds
· Ability to exert-well paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
· Advance computer skills using the MS suits (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person