Vaupell designs, engineers, and produces custom, high performance engineered plastic and composite components and assemblies for demanding applications. We are the global market leader in plastics components and assemblies for aircraft interiors while also serving the broader aerospace, defense, medical and commercial markets.
Under the guidance of the Quality Manager, a Quality Engineer will drive continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing system. They will utilize corrective and preventive actions to close gaps in the QMS and ensure the flow down of quality requirements to internal customers. Additionally, they will be the voice of quality within the organization and a represent Vaupell for all assigned external customers. Duties & responsibilities:
- Represent Vaupell in customer and supplier interactions.
- Be the voice of QA for NPI projects.
- Attend daily production meetings as required.
- Design, implement, and provide training in QA related subjects for Quality and Manufacturing departments.
- Design and institute inspection and sampling plans that ensure products conform to customer needs and design.
- Review and provide standards for manufacturing documentation through ECR process.
- Work through potential and/or known issues through the process of customer concession/deviation requests.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute resulting projects on time and to the highest standard.
- Be a resource for all departments within Vaupell.
- Drive continuous improvement through CPA process.
- Evaluate and process RMA requests.
- Problem solving and corrective action implementation skills.
- Personal time management and capability to ensure area goals and tasks adherence to production schedules.
- Passion for continuous improvement within the department and the company.
- Vocal advocate of the company and all its employees.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills for contact with Vaupell employees, customers, and supplier chain.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret aerospace drawings and standards.
- Proficiency with inspection of plastic parts, from both a visual and dimensional standpoint.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with Vaupell software (i.e. uniPoint, FourthShift, Sharepoint, etc.) a plus.
Candidates must be either US Citizens or US Persons to ensure Vaupell’s compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations.)