- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related industry experience.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in risk or fraud investigations, regulatory compliance, ecommerce, analytics, security, and/or intelligence.
- Proficient with data (SQL or experience with relational databases) or technology (i.e. Python, R, MATLAB).
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects across multiple teams.
- Technical knowledge in security domains such as engineering, system and network security, authentication, or security protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
We are looking for an experienced industry specialist with background in risk, digital fraud, compliance, or cyber investigations who also have advanced data analysis skills (SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.) or technical skills (Cybersecurity, Threat Intelligence, network engineering, etc.). This role will manage critical and high impact projects and scale their findings through technology and analytics to interpret risks across Amazon’s entire business segment or apply other industry experience to develop feasible, systematic solutions to endemic problems. The ideal candidate should be passionate about use of advanced data analytics and technology approaches to identify patterns and establish connections to uncover process and technology gaps and prevent fraud across Amazon stores worldwide. Your decisions are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and selling partners but will help maintain the health of Amazon’s catalog and product listings ecosystem.
Key job responsibilities
- Complete risk analyses using complex data sets (SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Use data and/or technical skills to discover new ways to scale deep dives into risk signals to identify and facilitate enforcement action against bad actors.
- Owning the complete life cycle of one or more complex problems - from identification through scaling the solutions.
- Breaking problems into manageable pieces, prioritizing, and delivering results in an ambiguous environment.
- Conduct large scale deep dives to derive insights about tactics used to conduct abuse on our stores, identifying gaps and risk in Amazon's current mechanisms, systems, and policies.
- Write documents for partner teams and executives that identify problems, propose solutions, and drive alignment among stakeholders.
- Own partnerships with legal stakeholder teams and guide appropriate trade-offs, clearly communicate goals, roles and responsibilities.
- Discover solutions. Convey detailed technical knowledge (verbally, in writing) to engineering and program/product management teams.
About the team
Our team is comprised of experts in the risk domains like fraud, cybersecurity, data security, internal risk, threat intelligence, regulatory compliance etc. with data analysis and/or technical skills. We complement specialized industry skills with broad risk experiences gathered through years of experience to deliver results - we wear a lot of hats and do things ourselves whenever possible. We make mistakes, learn from them, and support each other.
Our work is to solve hard puzzles - typically with data and always with a lot persistence and curiosity. If you like the sound of that, come join us.
- Experience working within fraud, compliance, law enforcement, or intelligence organizations.
- Experience in adjacent domain areas like network engineering, Infosec, software development for e-commerce, work involving software for API's or web scraping, or web traffic analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate security and business risk to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in Data Science or machine learning.
- CISSP Certification or experience in multiple CISSP knowledge areas.
- Demonstrated experience in areas such as internal threat, digital forensics, internal investigations or intelligence collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization.
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and automation or standardization.
- Strong critical thinker with the vision to work in ambiguous environments.
- Proven ability to problem-solve in large/complex/technical systems.
- Relevant industry certifications or training which demonstrate familiarity with the insider threat discipline (e.g. CERT ITPM, CCITP, NITTF).
- Language proficiency welcomed (Mandarin, German, Russian, or Spanish)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.