At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team. We’re looking for people with focus and drive – people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, Credit Solutions Advisors (CSAs) have access to industry leading products, services and technology, award winning platforms, and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients.
The CSA provides clients with guidance and advice to uncover their lending and financial needs and matches them to our lending and banking solutions. CSAs work in assigned financial centers and partner closely with financial center employees as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care. The CSA will spend the majority of their time uncovering the lending and service needs of clients, including their personal banking needs, by leveraging defined lending processes and tools and structuring loans to meet guidelines and entering them accurately. The CSA can originate multiple lending products including retail mortgage loans. The CSA will not provide investment and liability management advice and solutions.
Additionally, the CSA will proactively connect with clients through outbound calls, and execute consistent follow-up routines to meet their needs. The CSA will also provide lending related guidance including secured and unsecured mortgage solutions, credit card, and auto solutions to financial center associates through team meetings. The CSA must have the ability to effectively balance financial center performance, operational risk, and client relationship care. This is a 40-hr work week position.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
We’ll help you
- Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through The Academy to develop in your role.
- Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Utilize our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking clients and small business owners alike. You will also tap into a range of experts, from small business bankers to financial solutions advisors.
- Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
- Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conforming to all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a Credit Solutions Advisor, you can look forward to
- Providing exceptional client care with industry leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
- Building a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
- Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
- A world-class suite of employee benefits.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
- At least one year of experience working in the financial service industry and/or financial center where goals were met or exceeded.
- Actively listens to the client to determine their needs and goals and has a desire to interact with clients proactively.
- Communicates professionally, effectively and confidently and is comfortable engaging all clients in person and over the phone.
- Is a critical thinker and can analyze financial and credit data to advise clients of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Has effective customer service skills with ability to manage the full client end-to-end experience and problem resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic.
- Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to learn and understand technology.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, and is thorough and thoughtful in incorporating relevant regulatory due diligence as well as complying with all Federal and State compliance policies.
- Experience working in a financial center where goals were met or exceeded.
- Knowledge in analyzing and comprehending complex financial data and providing financial alternatives.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in a loan origination role in a retail environment and knowledge of
o Mortgage Products (Conventional, Jumbo and HELOC, Government)
o Structuring, Processing, underwriting and closing procedures
o Federal regulations governing real estate lending
o FHA and HUD guidelines
o Other Lending Products (Credit Card, Vehicle Loans)
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Referral Bonus Amount: