Position: Sr. Systems Software Engineer-VM Ware and EMC
Under general supervision, the Senior System Software Engineer performs a variety of professional, technical, and analytical duties to support enterprise servers, client/server platforms, and other hardware and software systems.
Senior Systems Software Engineers function as technical specialists responsible for the most complex computing environment and software programming in support of operating systems, database systems, and application software across multiple platforms.
- Plans, determines requirements, designs, builds, customizes, tests, implements, maintains, and enhances basic software and hardware systems;
- Integrates systems for inter-operability across multiple platforms and technologies; obtains new and upgraded systems from vendors and utilizes tools and develops programs to ensure that new and upgraded systems work effectively with current systems and programs;
- Serves as liaison between vendor, technical support, network, and departments to resolve most complex system problems; and coordinates, implements, and documents corrective measures;
- Provides technical system support to departments, designers, software engineers, and project teams;
- Implements security policies (e.g., logon, access, dataset security) on server platforms and applications;
- Gathers data and budget information to make recommendations for the acquisition of software and hardware;
- Monitors system performance and capacity and publishes related reports; uses performance monitoring and capacity planning tools to ensure that systems are performing effectively; monitors the number of problems or incidents reported;
- Reviews system reports and adjusts system resource thresholds to assure best performance and efficiency of resource utilization;
- Confers with senior team members to ensure that proposed solutions are appropriate;
- Provides third-level support for system software and hardware to departmental LAN administrators and other Information Services Department (ISD) support staff;
- Establishes and updates backup and recovery procedures; establishes and documents the most appropriate schedule to backup information and data;
- Determines and documents proper installation parameters for software and hardware for smooth integration, transition, and efficiency;
- Selects, trains, supervises, motivates, evaluates, and disciplines staff; distributes work assignments;
- Evaluates hardware and software systems and makes selection recommendations;
- Facilitates problem solving, problem resolution, and conflict resolution among System Software Engineer staff, ISD staff, and staff in other departments;
- Coordinates the resolution of enterprise server or application problems with vendors, ISD support staff, and departmental support staff;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
1. Skills Requirement:
VMWare, Windows, EMC Unity and XIO, Veeam
2. Experience Requirement:
At least 3 years experience is supporting large enterprise infrastructure environment.
3. Education Requirement:
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the attainment of knowledge and abilities to support infrastructure technology.
Training and Experience Note: The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function are acquired through training and experience equivalent to possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a closely related field;
- AND -
Three (3) years of recent (in the past five (5) years) increasingly responsible experience in system analysis, system engineering, software engineering, programming, database administration and/or analysis, operating systems, network analysis, system administration, application administration or a related field in a multi-platform infrastructure system environment.
4. Knowledge of:
- Principles and methods of computer data processing;
- Principles and practices of supervision and management;
- Principles and practices of technical problem solving;
- Principles and techniques of software and system quality assurance and control;
- Design, installation, and maintenance of enterprise, client/server, and applications;
- Principles and practices of providing effective project and technical documentation;
- Programming languages and job control language;
- Concepts and practices of restart and recovery (including disaster recovery);
- Principles, practices, and techniques for providing customer support;
- Principles and practices of system security;
- Principles and practices of project management.
5. Ability to:
- Solve complex applications and system design problems from minimal diagnostic information;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Understand highly complex information technology systems and issues;
- Integrate information technology systems;
- Recognize problems, develop recommendations and solutions, and oversee corrections within specialty;
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to users, customers, and team members;
- Promote and maintain team environment;
Day to day support of the infrastructure; help with infrastructure projects
This position is needed to provide technical expertise to support the Client’s VMWare, Windows and Storage infrastructure. Duties includes, but not limited to:
(1) Provide technical support by troubleshooting, maintaining, and patching/upgrading: VMWare and WIndow servers, EMC Unity and XIO storage arrays, FC Switches and Veeam backup solution
(2) Identify and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
(3) Detect and troubleshoot system operational and functional issues.
(4) Document/update standard procedures to ensure server environment is secure and optimized to provide a highly reliable computing environment.
(5) Maintain integrity of data backups and retrieval techniques in case of failure, redundancy, etc.
(6) Ensure disaster recovery procedures are followed to support business continuity.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $75.00 to $80.00 /hour