Shop Rite of Waterbury is looking for an experienced produce clerk to join our growing team. As a Shop Rite team member, you will be committed to building lifelong relationships with our customers by providing superior customer service. Produce clerks are responsible for stocking, product rotation, building attractive, colorful displays that will drive sales. They will be committed to minimizing shrink and maximizing the quality of the products that we sell. We look for someone who is interested in growing into a potential leadership role.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Hard-working, ambitious, and motivated
- 3 years of produce merchandising experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs. and occasionally 75 lbs.
- Willing to train other associates
- Dedicated, reliable and motivated
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with questions, information and product selection
- Ensures cleanliness of Produce department, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping
- Stocks Produce department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Produce Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy
- Examines the rotation of all Produce products paying particular attention to expired stock and properly discarding outdated or spoiled items pursuant to Sprouts standards
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Ensures all wet racks are stocked, clean, and maintain proper temperatures
- Cleans and sanitizes work area (including tables, floor, scales, cases, cooler, etc.)
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times
- Follows all safety practices and procedures
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with cut fruit and cut veggie program
- Experience with ordering and inventory control
- 5 years produce experience preferred
Interested candidates should include a resume, cover letter, including salary requirements.
Shop Rite of Waterbury is an equal opportunity employer.
The ShopRite of Waterbury is family owned and operated. Over the years our Associates, past and present, have worked hard to enable us to grow and enrich the communities we serve. Our Purpose is to care deeply about people, helping them to eat well and be happy. Our vision is simply to Be the Best – to do our best each and every day for our Customers and each other. Our mission is to be the preferred place to work and shop – to retain the best Associates to service our Customers.
Job Type: Part-time
- produce: 3 years
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Merchandising: 3 years
Required work authorization: