Project Manager/Estimator– Abolt Construction, Inc.
Abolt, Construction, Inc. is currently seeking a construction project manager and estimator in Fort Madison, IA. This is an exciting position that will oversee construction projects from estimation through to completion. Projects range from general commercial construction, to specialized industrial construction each with unique and varied challenges.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, and vendors.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and work with clients to determine scope of work for construction projects, including providing recommendations and aid in design.
- Create detailed estimates and proposals to submit to customers.
- Communicate and coordinate schedule and task lists with subcontractors, vendors, and field personnel.
- Manage administrative tasks which include preparing sub contracts, submittals, change orders, contract close out procedures, and billing.
- Ensure all work is consistent with industry standards for quality and relevant codes.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with OSHA, Abolt, Inc., and owner specific safety programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or two to five years of construction experience with similar responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications and technical writing.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) and ability to get along with others.
- Working knowledge of general construction practices and ability to learn new systems.
- Provident with Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new programs.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
About Abolt Construction, Inc.
Abolt Construction, Inc. has been serving the Southeast Iowa and surrounding areas since 1974. Starting as a masonry contractor we quickly added concrete and general construction to our skillset and excel at specialized construction like refractory and acid brick installation. We serve a range of customers with a focus on industrial and commercial projects.
We offer the following benefits.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive 401k retirement savings plan with company matching.
- Paid time off
- Flexible work schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule