Sales Representative, Farmingdale, NY
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Sales Representative to join our Building and Construction team in Farmingdale, NY.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
This position is responsible for direct sales activity including increasing existing sales and identifying and developing new business opportunities. This is a true Outside Selling Sales position, with the opportunity
with the opportunity to sell, Testing & Certification services to manufacturers and influencers in the Building Product space.
- Working with Operations and Sales Manager to define and develop territory to increase new and existing sales
- Spend a minimum of 50% outside interface with new and existing identified target clients. In other words, proactive client meetings within the territory assigned
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for strategic positioning
- Conduct cold/warm client calls and attend/ participate in trade shows
- Create and facilitate client presentations
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts and write and follow up on proposals
- Building relationships with Building products influencers, such as AHJ’s, consultants etc.
- Join Building related associations and network with inspectors, suppliers, agents and manufactures
- Maintain sales database via a CRM, iConnect
- Follow through on sales transactions
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Sales Professional with direct sales experience
- Have a proven track record of territory growth and individual account growth
- Business to business sales experience is preferred
- Must be self-motivated and assertive and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with diverse teams (engineering, operations, marketing)
- Working knowledge of personal computers & MS Office software and prior experience with Sales CRM
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM