DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Providing Opportunity, Assistance and Care for Arizonans in need!
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
REENTRY EMPLOYER COORDINATOR
Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services
Employer Engagement Administration
4000 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ, 85012
This posting will remain open until a sufficient amount of resumes are received.
The Reentry Coordinator will develop and strengthen formal and informal partnerships with businesses. This person will promote workforce strategies for reintegrating ex-offenders into our workforce as a solution to workforce needs. The Reentry Coordinator, in partnership with the Second-Chance Center team, the Department of Corrections team and the local areas will strategically plan and coordinate job fairs, hiring events, and customized recruitments for businesses (most occur in either a prison or a parole center). The Reentry Coordinator will specifically work with the Arizona Department of Corrections, Probation units, Local Workforce Development Areas, and other community-based local and state programs to ensure that Reentry outreach is coordinated and well-communicated with all the partners. Travel and overnight stays throughout Arizona will be required.
- Promote the [email protected] system and related DES programs to employers through face-to-face meetings, telephone calls, email, community events, etc.
- Coordinate with the Department of Corrections, Workforce Development, community organizations and other employment-related partners to develop, execute and manage a state-wide, comprehensive, strategic plan that identifies and prioritize the engagement of the re-entry population and employers
- Maintain consistent communication with all partners through weekly huddles, meetings and events.
- Conduct job matching and pre-screening recruitment assistance for employers.
- Facilitate and execute weekly hiring events, career fairs under the [email protected] system, the Department of Corrections and all the local workforce programs
- Receive employer’s job orders and input them into the automated internet-based system Arizona Job Connection (AJC)
- Develop and maintain an employer networking group.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Ability to work in collaboration with the Department of Corrections parole offices and with [email protected] within the correctional facilities.
- Network development, public speaking, employer engagement, event planning and implementation
- Effective Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word
- Organize, plan and implement hiring events, job fairs, and custom business recruitment events
- Develop positive and effective working relationships with diverse group of businesses, partners and community partners.
- Ability to travel statewide, work varied hours throughout the business week which include some weekends and evening hours.
- The preferred candidate will have two or more years developing and maintaining relationships with employers. (business to business experience)
- State travel is required for state business and employees may be required to use their own transportation. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
- Have a current, valid state issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employee is subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration, and must complete any required training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
The Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact 602-542-3807 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-364-3981. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.