The Associate Creative Director (ACD) of Post Production will have two areas of focus in this position: group management and group creative lead.
The ACD of Post Production will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Creative Production team. This includes working closely with the creative team on successful execution and implementation of strategic initiatives, managing the departmental budget, managing software and hardware purchases, develop long term departmental strategy and create opportunities for team growth. In addition, the ACD of Post Production will analyze the Creative Production pipeline to prioritize work load, increase efficiency and manage subcontractors/outside vendors to ensure timely completion of creative editing and production projects. The ACD of Post Production will collaborate with internal and external creative teams, sales operations, EIS teams, and software development teams to ensure all functions of the division are executing efficiently, collaboratively and maintain a high level of customer focus.
The ACD of Post Production will also be the primary creative lead for all creative editing and production projects that move through the department. This position will work closely with the VP, Executive Creative Director to produce engaging content for Regional advertisers, National Advertisers, Internal clients, promotional videos, corporate videos, presentation materials and maintain the overall look and feel for the Noovie preshow. As the primary creative editing lead for the department this role will also work closely on project budgeting, limited client relations, some presentations and sales support as needed for the department. This position will be expected to switch seamlessly between executing on high-level vision for a project but also be able to be hands-on when deadlines are approaching to ensure timely delivery of all animation and video related products.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Knowledge of/Skilled in/Ability to:
- Manage multiple projects within a team environment to produce high quality design and digital executions for our regional and national advertising clients by providing clear, actionable direction and timely feedback to ensure projects stay on schedule and on target.
- Coordinate the delivery of cutting and finishing elements to assigned vendors for our Regional, National and Digital clients.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across our creative and marketing group as well as throughout the entire organization.
- Lead professional development for the creative production group to ensure that the team continues to grow and perform at a high level by fostering a learning environment for a team of 4+.
- Manage daily workflow of internal and external resources along with budgetary items for the creative production department including the annual budget and cap-ex expenses.
- Collaborate with the internal creative teams on developing long-term technological infrastructure and network support, and be aware of technological improvements to allow systems to continue to work efficiently.
- Contribute ideas to improve and increase efficiency in department/team operations.
Experience and Training:
- Self-driven and motivated editor with strong production background, and attention to detail with the ability to take a project from concept to completion.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, which will enable this person to establish and maintain strong working relationships across our creative and marketing group as well as throughout the entire organization.
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional motion graphic design experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively, independently in a fast-paced environment and to be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects and have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Must work effectively with others in a deadline driven environment.
- Provide either online editing portfolio link OR editing portfolio on DVD for review.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Any combination of the following experience and training (designated as required and/or preferred) that would provide the required knowledge and abilities in qualifying.
5-7 years of increasingly responsible and related experience in field.
College degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
Licensure / Certification:
(e.g., Office environment, exposure to computer screens, etc.).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (303) 792-8899 or email: HR@ncm.com.