Syntech's Software Test Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting test efforts by developing script/tools and automation suites that help provide information about the quality and stability of Syntech's products under test.
**This is a permanent, full-time, in-house position (NOT remote). Normal office hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.**
Just one of our outstanding BENEFITS: Syntech pays 100% health and dental insurance for employees!
- Plan, design, and implement applications, scripts, and tools to aid in product testing.
- Plan, design, develop, and execute functional tests for new and existing software, firmware, and hardware products and features.
- Work collaboratively with teams during the entire product life cycle development. Help ensure that products are designed to include diagnosis, testability, and maintainability features.
- Work with development teams to create unit, module, and system test plans and test scaffolding and code.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or comparable fields required. Comparable experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of testing or development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of software and firmware test strategies and methodologies desired.
- Experience in using and developing test automation.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and releases processes.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following areas required: PC client and web browser application testing, embedded systems testing, and mobile applications testing.
- Experience in programming or scripting languages, particularly Java and Python.
- Must be able to clearly communicate information and issues to team members and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be capable of developing a good rapport with developers and other team members.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Job Type: Full-time
- testing or development: 3 years
Required work authorization: