The Sales Trainee Intern position is an excellent entry-level opportunity! The Sales Trainee Intern will gain knowledge and experience in sales processes by completing various training assignments and rotating through the different facets of sales relative to Delta Materials Handling, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns sales administration by completing rotation in sales office functions.
- Learns sales process by completing training program; completing study assignments.
- Observes sales process by traveling with sales representatives; attending sales and service calls.
- Practices sales process by calling on existing and then new accounts; adhering to established sales steps.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational improvement opportunities; reading sales and marketing publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in sales and marketing organizations.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintain accurate project management records and keep sales management informed of the status of each open project or recent sales proposal.
- Maintain a high degree of communication regarding customer proposals with engineering and sales support staff.
- Prepare equipment operational descriptions if required for specific projects.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
- High school education, plus additional years of continuing education with emphasis on sales and marketing. Previous field experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must be skilled in PC applications, including word processing, file management, project management spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Able to understand equipment specifications and perform mathematical calculations.
- Effectively communicate in oral or written presentations.
- Provide effective oral and written communications to customers and company management.
- Must be PC literate and possess a thorough knowledge of general business procedures. These may be acquired via secondary education or additional college level courses or previous employment experience relevant to the position.
- Have general knowledge of business administration practices and 1-3 years of relevant business experience. Previous sales experience is desired. Must have a working knowledge of the product line.
- Work is performed in an office environment as well as a wide range of customer locations and facilities. Frequent travel to these locations is required.
- The demands of the position often exceed normal working conditions. Company workloads may require work after hours or on weekends.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift or move up to 30 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract. Management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.