High volume restaurant looking for Host Staff to join a fun and friendly atmosphere!
(part time & full time available)
Experience preferredbut willing to train if you have the desire to learn.
Learn new skills! Join our family! Competitive pay and benefits available.
- Visit our website to fill out an online application: www.portercreek.com/employment/ (Copy & paste this link in your browser to apply now!!)
- Stop by the restaurant between 2:00-4:00 to fill out an application
We offer flexible scheduling, health insurance, 401K and an environment based on integrity.
14201 Burngarten Drive | Burnsville MN 55306
A Host/Hostess is responsible for insuring that guests receive a positive first impression as they enter our restaurant. They are responsible for the cleanliness of the Host and restroom areas, and the greeting and seating of our guests. They ensure that all guests are attended to promptly and as the guests leave, the Host/Hostess inquires about the guests’ dining experience and thanks the guest for their patronage.
- Ensure the lobby and foyer meets the Company Standards of Excellence.
- Greet our guests in a friendly and personalized manner and say “Welcome” to every guest.
- Maintain our reservations and walk in waiting list.
- Seat guests according to their need and through a rotational basis. Monitor the dining room to ensure all guests are taken care of and the servers are working at a comfortable pace.
- Answer the phones with the appropriate greeting, take reservations, and answer questions.
- Effectively take care of carry-out orders and ensure they are prepared accurately.
- Help clear, clean, and set tables as needed in the dining room and the bar.
- Provide crayons and balloons for the children and make them feel special.
- Check and maintain the restroom at 15 minute intervals during peak periods and at ½ hour intervals during business decline.
- Monitor the atmosphere of the restaurant including the music, temperature, lighting, and floor cleanliness as needed.
- Complete all necessary side work as dictated by the clean-up charts before leaving and ask the manager on duty to check side work before they leave.
- Thank the guest for their patronage and before they leave, ask a manager to speak to all guests who are not happy with their visit.
- Stay up front at the Host/Hostess area so they can greet every guest with the appropriate greeting within 30 seconds of their arrival.
- Answer the telephone within 3 rings.
- Do not allow the guest to remain on hold for more than 30 seconds.
- Must be in proper uniform while on duty.
- Must show up for all scheduled shifts and be ready 5 minutes before shift begins.
- Receive no guest complaints on their service.
- Must maintain the cleanliness of the restrooms.
- Must follow and support all Company and Unit rules in private as well as in public.
- Ensure all of the Host/Hostess work is completed and checked by a manager before leaving.
- Be available to help all staff as needed without hesitation and ask for help as needed.
Keywords: restaurant, woodfire cooking, fun work environment, employee for life, integrity, reputable, casual restaurant, large wine selection, lunch menu, dinner menu, reservations, happy hour, large patio, outdoor bar, watertable, water features, fireplace, fire pit, free parking, certified trainers, scratch cooking, fresh, contemporary, rustic, friendly service, servers, bartenders, host, wait assistants, line cooks, prep, cooks, chefs, dish, dishwasher, woodfired oven, woodfired rotisserie, hospitality is our craft! EOE
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Host: 1 year (Preferred)