CGI has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in Los Angeles for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the CGI HR team as a trusted advisor and consultant.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will have responsibility for leading the human resources function for approximately 350 employees within the US WEST Business Unit for the Greater Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Sacramento Metros.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The HRBP will be expected to partner closely with senior line management to understand business objectives, goals, and concerns. He/she will lead transformational change efforts that enable the sector’s ability to deliver outstanding service and care to customers while providing a work environment that is stimulating and challenging to employees. A focus on effective leadership development programs will be a key to success as will ensuring excellence in delivery of employee initiatives and programs. As part of the leadership team within the US WEST Business Unit, the HRBP will collaborate with other HRBPs, Recruiting, Training and Development, and HR Operations to set companywide employee policies and strategies. This position is based in Los Angeles, CA with periodic travel, up to 15%, as required and/or needed.
Key Job Requirements:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Ability to proactively evaluate and provide feedback and direction on trends and metrics that impact operations and provide consultation regarding measures to address and develop solutions.
- Actively provide leadership over the Performance Management Process, including advising all levels of management and staff members on the facilitation of performance management.
- Consistently provide leadership and consultation for Employee Relations, serving as a mediator when issues arise, ensuring that issues are addressed and properly documented, and conducting investigations with support as needed.
- Demonstrated ability of managing employee performance issues, which may include assisting managers in preparing and documenting Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), as well as ensuring processes are followed in managing the PIP.
- Ability to actively consult with leadership at all levels to provide applicable HR guidance, critical evaluation and recommended solutions based on operational drivers or outcomes to include developing and leading implementation plans and analysis of business information to process various ongoing HR actions.
- Consistently develops leadership presence, establishes credibility and trustworthiness at the sector level and influences change management effectively.
What you can expect from us:
- Demonstrated mastery of the laws, regulations and HR management practices unique to the state of California as shown through the PHRca designation.
- 7+ years’ experience of successfully leading strategic HR efforts.
- Experience in IT Services environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent work experience. MBA degree or an MS in organizational development is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to partner with and influence senior management and key decision makers.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No