Developer & Technologist
Hiring is our single most important act. It’s priority #1. We have an intensive process to make certain we excel in this vital practice. To succeed you will need to bring your best passion and dedication.
Dry Farm Wines is an online wine club that curates the highest quality Natural Wines from small family farms all over the globe.
In our first three years, we were showered in abundance! Our Wine Club membership grew faster than we ever expected (297x revenue growth in the last 24 months!), making us one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. We’ve been doing everything possible to keep up, while having a lot of fun doing it. We get paid to taste wine! ;-) To keep the wine flowing and to drive our voice of high health further, we need more help.
That’s why we’re now looking for a developer and technologist to join our team.
We are looking for someone to help us create the ultimate experience for our Members and to help us use technology to innovate our way into the future.
We are leaders with a vision to change the world. Technology and innovation are at the heart of our mission. We need someone with a shared passion who can lead this area of our business.
More specifically, here are some (but certainly not all) of the responsibilities for this position:
Roles and Responsibilities
Your main responsibility is to be the owner of all development and technology projects within the
Dry Farm Wines Family. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Update website pages for Shopify, Recharge, Wordpress, Webflow, and any other platforms we may use in the future.
- Build custom landing pages for our top affiliate partners.
- Debug website bugs, implement fixes, and communicate updates to the team.
- Run and monitor website conversion a/b tests.
- You should be comfortable with HTML, CSS, and JS. Ideally, you also have experience with Shopify and a few of our other platforms (Zendesk, Recharge, ShipStation, etc)
Technologist & Project Manager
- Analyze and own all technology for the company.
- Manage all our technology integrations (ecommerce, shipping, affiliates, etc).
- Oversee large tech-related projects, like the development of a Wine Profiles Mobile Application for our Members.
- Manage technology-related partnerships.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise among all our technology platforms, including services like Zendesk or Shipstation, and Office IT architecture like our Wifi Network. Data Analyst
- Report on our website conversion analytics.
- Support others on the team by building basic analytics dashboards, and analyzing data spreadsheets. Attributes of the ideal candidate
When we think about the ideal person for this role, a few attributes come to mind.
Here are the main ones:
- You’re passionate
- You’re a lover
- You’re empathetic
- You’re a problem solver
- You’re a rockstar communicator
- You’re resourceful
- You’re a technology lover, and that love fills your soul and overflows into every aspect of your life
- You’re organized
- You’re calm under pressure
- You’re a wine-lover and health-advocate
Our Culture is guided by our Peace & Profit Manifesto. There are 9 Codes that form the foundation of this culture.
To better understand us and the DFW Life, here are 2 of our 9 Codes: The Code of Creation and The Code of Co-Existence.
** Our Code of Creation **
We are all connected.
At Dry Farm Wines, we believe in a connected source energy. We tap into this energy by thinking, creating, and vibrating at a higher frequency. We optimize this connection through higher consciousness, a path that includes meditation, mindfulness, gratefulness, and open practices together. We call our collective practices Conscious Abundance. For us, Abundance is grounded in love. We share it with everyone unconditionally and without judgement. Through it, we contribute to a better world and elevate the life experience for each other and everyone we touch.
We are a Family.
We do not call ourselves a team. We are a family. We dine together, cook together, and travel together. All of us - including spouses, partners, and +1s - are loved unconditionally. This love and support is our highest value. We radiate this love to each other and, collectively, we radiate the light of this love to the world around us. Like all healthy families, we also promote and value private time. We support time away to grow with our significant others and time to reflect and recharge for ourselves. We protect each other’s private time and encourage the quiet space needed to grow individually. We are fiercely protective of each other’s privacy.
We are Creators.
We are prolific Creators of love, value and service. To create at our highest level, we are obsessed with excellence in our Craft. We all share a deep commitment to both our individual areas of specialized craft (i.e. marketing, member experience, accounting) and to the contribution we make to the craft of our collective energies together, or what we call “The Merge” of collective craft. Mastering our craft requires focus and sharp execution. Supporting everyone else in the development of their craft requires respect and selfless support. As such, when we are individually creating, the environment is quiet, earbuds are often in, and our energy is channeled into the process of creation. If there are conversations, they're about creative output. Our creative energy is maximized when we are "in the zone". We take pride not only in being the BEST OF CLASS at what we do; we are focused on being the NEXT OF CLASS at our craft. We are creative leaders. We are category makers. We constantly create delight and surprise for our Members and everyone we touch.
We believe in Peace & Profit.
We seek to maximize our creative output while upholding collective peace. Our peace provides the freedom to create at our highest frequency. Our creative output is how we share more peace and harmony with our Community and our world. Our lives are a blend of these two values. Our Family life is an outrageously big celebration of life. We turn up the volume. Our
Creation time is an intensely focused and finely-tuned machine of productivity, output, and abundant financial success. We always put Peace in front of Profit. For this reason, we don't have many meetings, don't send many group emails, don’t reply to all, no night or weekend emails, and highly respect each other's creative space and time.
** Our Code of Co-Existence **
We seek the highest harmony and frequencies of peace and profit. The Code of Co-Existence is a vital code of harmony. It's how we interact with each other, without the need for rules, forms, human resources, etc. We have no vacation or time off policy, or company expense policy. We just expect everyone to be self directed in the highest calling of personal responsibility. Just act in the best interest of everyone else, us your brothers and sisters, yourself, and our Members. We believe rules are made for those who can not make good judgements on their own. We serve and create daily with people who know how to make high quality decisions that respect and enhance the people around them and the Family Business. We have a simple thought that guides us. Act in the best interest of the Family and the Family business. Self directed responsibility. Act with heart and love. We are also always available to provide guidance in judgement.
As you consider your opportunity with us, we hope these guiding thoughts help you determine if our Family is the right fit. You will know, and we will know. From there, we create magic.
DFW Culture Requirements
As you’ll quickly learn, we are VERY passionate about our culture. Finding someone with the right culture fit is just as critically important to us as the ideal attributes above.
Our culture is not negotiable. We love it too much.
If you are uncomfortable with anything we do, that’s okay. We might not be the best fit for you.
But if you read this and jump with excitement, then let’s continue.
- We meditate and practice open gratitude as a team daily
- We often use words like “soulful”, “spiritual”, “love”, “abundance”, “grateful”, “truth”, and “universe”.
- We are all biohackers, working daily to improve our health and performance.
- We are all passionate about what we eat, and many follow a Ketogenic or Paleo diet. (not required)
- We are wildly passionate about wine, healthy living, and the TASTE of everything.
- We protect our mornings. Our office opens at 10am. We start with a 30-60 minute team meditation, gratefulness practice, group visualization, and family meeting looking at our day together. We then work passionately to delight our customers and improve their lives. We close around 6:00.
- We spend a lot of time together, eat a lot of our meals together, and are deeply committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally.
- We often travel on very short notice.
- We are authentic, understanding, reliable, and loving to our Members and to each other.
- We think big.
- We are willing to be vulnerable
- We celebrate unique individuality.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes
- We are proactive and are all able to take action without much direction
- We live with deep passion and transformational action.
- We are caring and non-judgemental
- We value diversity
Note: We are located in Napa. If you don’t already live in Napa, with this role, you get to relocate here! It’s pretty incredible to live where other people vacation : -). Because our impact and abundance relies strongly on the development of this unique culture, we know we can make the most transformational impact by being together. This position is full time and requires you to be in the Napa area.
Benefits of working with DFW
This is the best place to work in the world. If it wasn’t, the rest of us wouldn’t be here.
The benefits of joining this team are vast. Here are a few:
- Unlimited natural healthy wine. Need we say more?
- Frequent wine tastings with winemakers from around the world.
- Frequent all expense paid meals and parties! Yes FREQUENT!
- Travel and free attendance to events we sponsor, like the Bulletproof Conference, Abundance 360, PaleoFX, and so many more.
- Travel and free attendance to wine fairs around the world.
- Huge opportunities to expand your responsibilities and position as the company continues to rapidly grow.
- Living in the most beautiful place in the world - The World Famous Napa Valley. We live where the rest of the world dreams of going on vacation. How incredible is that! The lifestyle has no equal in the U.S.
- Paid gym membership at our 30,000 sq ft gym!
- Company vacation days around every holiday, and a vacation and expense policy that just asks you to act in the best interest of yourself, your family here, and the organization. We believe in taking care of ourselves. Only by caring for ourselves can we care for others.
- For full time salaried partners, fully paid health insurance.
- Most importantly, the opportunity to hang with Todd, David, Juan, Tony, Luen, Mark, Ramzy, Rosetta, Gio, Buckley, Megan, Ahlai, Jon, Erika, Logan, Shawn, Susanna, Devin, Cesar, Beno, Kayla, David, Mandy, Ximena, Jasiel, Omar, Nathan, Kristian, Corey, Alex, Rae, Giovanni, Lindsay, Jimmy, Duncan, and Troy on a daily basis. We are a lot of fun, and we push the boundaries of possibility daily in helping each other grow and in our service to others.
- Every single person you will work with is an elite performer, not some, all are rockstars at what they do and their deep dedication to each other and being the best in their craft.
To help us both determine if we’re the right fit for each other, we created this list of questions.
Please respond with your answers to the questions below. Each answer should be thoughtful. But, no essays needed. : ) ... Most leading candidates submit 2-4 total pages; length is not important, thoughtfulness is.
Please also include your resume in your response.
Here are the questions...
1. If you’re hired, what are 2 things you are good at that you can apply in your first three months without very much help or a large budget and would make Dry Farm Wines better?
2. We need to determine the best long-term ecommerce platform for us. What criteria would you use and what would be your process to evaluate the options?
3. We may need to build a system for managing our wine inventory. What would your database schema look like?
4. What systems, technologies, and apps are you comfortable using in your day to day life to get stuff done? (Examples: Google Docs, Excel, Trello, etc). And what technology stack are you comfortable with?
5. What are a few websites you’ve worked on in the past? Share a few details for each about specific features or integrations you’ve managed and built.
6. If we wanted to create a content-based website called A Matter of Taste, with articles about natural wine, healthy eating, and conscious living, what platforms, technologies, and infrastructure would you use to build and host the website?
7. Admitting failure is tough, but failure is a significant learning experience for us. What is a significant failure you have experienced recently and what did you learn?
8. What is one professional and one personal goal you hold for the next 1-3 years?
9. Describe a change you’ve seen in yourself over the last 5 years that you love.
10. What’s your relationship with health & wellness?
11. Describe what the following words mean to you: a. Love b. Authenticity c. Trust
12. What makes you unique or weird?
13. What is a personal hobby you cherish?
14. What’s your experience with wine (if any)?
15. Are you willing to relocate to Napa?
16. Anything else you’d like to touch on that we didn’t ask? The floor is yours...
Now that you’ve submitted the questionnaire and resume, here’s what to expect:
1. We’ll review your questionnaire and resume and follow up with you within a week.
2. Next, we’ll begin with scheduling a video interview. If you’re out-of-town, (most of you) we use Zoom to schedule the video calls. If you’re in Napa, we’ll meet in person. The first interview will last about 10 minutes for a meet and greet.
3. The second step is we will assign you a specific project that will help us understand your work product. It will be a project within your area of hire. Then we will schedule a 30-60 minute second video interview to review the project and get to know you better. We can also answer any questions you may have about us.
4. We may or may not have a third video interview. If you have a significant other that is relocating with you, this call will take place and we will want them on this call for 15-20 minutes. It’s important your significant other know us and we know them.
5. If we’re all still a good fit for each other, next we’ll bring you to Napa for an in-person working interview/socials. This is typically a three day interview, can be four days. You’ll meet everyone, you’ll meet with the hiring Council of 6 of us for an extensive Q/A, see our work environment, work on a project in our office for a day and present it to the
6. Then you will take a market trip with a lead, shop for a dinner for 30 of us, cook with us, and drink with us. You will get an intimate close look at us, and how we live and work together to create magic. All expenses are hosted by us for both you and your significant other if they will be relocating with you.
7. Together, we will determine next steps.
We deeply appreciate you investing the time to learn about us and share your thoughts and life with us.
With much love and gratitude, the Dry Farm Wines Family,
Todd, David, Juan, Tony, Luen, Mark, Ramzy, Rosetta, Gio, Buckley, Megan, Ahlai, Jon, Erika, Logan, Shawn, Susanna, Devin, Cesar, Beno, Kayla, David, Mandy, Ximena, Jasiel, Omar, Nathan, Kristian, Corey, Alex, Rae, Giovanni, Lindsay, Jimmy, Duncan, and Troy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule