These are the basic expectations for Teachers & Teaching Assistants. Of course, creative and new ways to meet or exceed expectations are encouraged, as long as the required essential functions are also met.Be Responsive to Changing Needs
- Work Hours Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children in our care and the center. You may need to work more or fewer hours than originally scheduled.
- Initiative After learning the job, you should be able to keep up on all your responsibilities without direct guidance. Anticipate classroom needs and follow through without prompting.
- Classroom Assignment You may need to “float” between classrooms to cover lunches, breaks, or ratio changes, or your classroom assignment may change.
- Other Duties Take on other center duties as needed to care for children, support your co-workers, and contribute to the center’s success.
Support the Center’s Success
- Commitment Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every day.
- Cooperation Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center’s goals.
- Center Tours Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Be ready to speak to the features and benefits of our programs.
- Mandatory trainings /classes Attend Professional Development trainings online, center staff meetings, and any other meetings that are required by your Center Director.
- Experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Coursework or a degree in early childhood education or child development or a CDA is a plus!
- Impeccable references and an excellent record of caring and nurturing children to provide them with a great start to their academic growth.
- The ability to meet state requirements for education and experience.
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year
- Childcare Facility: 1 year