Founded in 2013, CrowdStreet is the premium provider of online commercial real estate investment marketplace, technology and professional services. Our online marketplace enables investors to directly access institutional-quality commercial real estate offerings with CrowdStreet’s best-in-class technology platform. With more than 100,000 investors now on its platform, and double digit year-over-year growth over the past 3 years, CrowdStreet has emerged as a leader in the space.
To support our rapid growth, we are hiring a Software Development Manager with a passion for building modern and scalable web applications. This role will report to the VP of Engineering and will be accountable for successful and timely delivery of a high quality, scalable and secure platform.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage a team of engineers (dev and qa) in scaling the CrowdStreet platform with a focus on engineering and operational excellence and soft skills
- Model and coach the technical team on process, quality and delivery management
- Follow through and ensure timely delivery of features. Work with senior management in effectively communicating updates
- Collaborate with product managers and developers in planning sessions to interpret the product roadmap and product specifications in building new features. Assess complexity in building features, provide accurate estimates and identify risk
- Participate in code and design reviews to help ensure stability and quality
- Delight existing customers by actively managing their issues and delivering timely fixes
- Participate in bug triage meetings to review incoming bugs, work w/ key stakeholders in understanding incoming tickets. Be an active participant in assisting w/ background grooming and retrospectives
- Roll up your sleeves and join the team in hands on product development
What We Must Have
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role with 5+ direct reports
- A great track record in building and delivering modern B2B and B2C applications
- Technical (tactical) and business (strategic) acumen
- Experience with SaaS product development using Java / J2EE paradigms
- Experience w/ Frontend tech - e.g. React, Angular, Bootstrap, Material
- Experience w/ AWS and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, BitBucket)
- Good working knowledge of Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Ability to context switch frequently in a fast paced environment
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Previous Experience building CRM, Marketing Automation or BI tools
- Be a Data guru and obsessed w/ data hygiene
- Knowledge of Data Science tools
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is headquartered in the heart of beautiful Portland, OR, overlooking Pioneer Square. We are located in a brand new office stocked with coffee and snacks and access to freshly remodeled on-site gym and locker facilities. We are proud to be an active part of Portland's tech community.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
No H1B Visa sponsorship at this time