Immediate opportunity in Greater Boston area for experienced Construction Project Planner/Scheduler with excellent Primavera skills. :Experience within the construction industry is required. Additional experience in the biotech/pharma sector preferred:. If you are interested in being considered for a position within the Taurus consulting team, we encourage you to apply today.
As a Construction Project Planner/Scheduler with Taurus you will support our clients by developing and defining their project goals and objectives, and creating master plans that include timelines, required resources, the order of needed tasks and the responsibilities of each project team member. You are the face of our company and as such must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to exceed the expectations of our many clients. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop, monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible
- Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing of alternative methods for corrective action
- Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis on a periodic basis
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance
- Assure credibility of the information contained in the schedule
- Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule
- Bachelor Degree (preferably Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field)
- 3+ years as a planner/scheduler on capital projects, including design and construction phases; less experience may be considered with strong related experience
- Competency using Primavera P6
- Experience within the biotech/pharma or other complex industry strongly preferred, but not required
- Local candidates preferred, if not local to Boston area, must be relocatable
At Taurus we know we are only as good as our people – and our people are amazing:. Taurus consultants simplify the complex management and controls process for our clients to keep their large programs on time and on budget. Sound easy? It’s not. It takes industry experience, a talent for building relationships, and a passion for delivering the best. Our people are top in our field, recognized experts in program, cost and schedule management. The high quality of our people and their work allows our clients to reinvest their saved time and money to improve our world with lifesaving medical R&D, modernization of infrastructure and expansion of clean energy.
To attract and retain our awesome team, we provide our consultants with great salaries, benefits, paid time off, retirement savings with matching company contribution, career development opportunities, and the right balance of support and autonomy to get good work done.