AW Technical Center USA, INC., (AW-TC) was established in 1999 as an overseas subsidiary of AISIN AW Co. to research and develop automatic transmissions and vehicle navigation systems for the auto industry. AW-TC has four locations in North America; Ann Arbor, MI; Plymouth, MI, Plano, TX, and Santa Clara, CA.
Aisin AW is a world leader in automatic transmissions and in-vehicle navigation systems. Headquartered in Japan with offices throughout the world, Aisin AW consistently delivers top quality products to our customers. For additional information on Aisin AW and AW-TC visit us online at: www.aisin-aw.co.jp/en/corporate/group/aw.html.
- Coordinate the arrival and departure information for expats assigned to office.
- Provide administrative support to expats.
- Manage calendar of appointments and assist with event planning.
- Make travel arrangements for expats and business visitors from affiliated companies, and administer expense reports.
- Arrange and provide mobility support and assistance with relocation of expats during their assignment in the United States (banking, housing, utility set-ups, communications with realtors, etc.). Assist expats with temporary housing and rental cars upon assignment.
- Support expats in obtaining necessary visa and legal documentation.
- Provide orientation regarding company policies, etc. Enter expat information into the Payroll System.
- Proper maintenance and handling of human resources files.
- Assist all employees with inquiries regarding benefits, payroll, or company policies.
- Assist the HR team with posting positions, and scheduling interviews.
- Assist the HR team with revamping the training process.
- Work on projects relating to employee engagement and company events.
- Conduct audits of HR processes/files; implement agreed upon improvements.
- Prepare new hire orientation packets and paperwork.
- Review new employee documents for completeness.
- Assist with policy administration.
- Assist with employee communication.
- Filing and administrative tasks.
- Provide general HR support to other departments as needed.
Minimum Requirements :
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English required.
- 3+ years of experience as a successful Administrative Assistant, that demonstrates the ability to stay highly organized and maintain a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion and judgment regarding highly confidential internal and external information.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products – Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook required.
- Japanese and English speaking, writing and translation proficiency.
- Experience or education in Human Resources.
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Job Type: Part-time
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
License or certification:
- Valid Drivers License (Required)