Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we can touch the lives of millions by creating sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in auto plants.
ABB is looking for R&D Electronics Engineer in Mount Pleasant PA. which will Identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions. In addition , they will execute assigned product development tasks using unique technical knowledge.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform assigned engineering tasks as a member of a team in R&D.
- Assists in providing consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Suggests effective applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new products to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Maintain awareness of state of the art technology and market trends affecting company products and services.
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 5 (five) years of experience in electronics.
- Master degree in electronics engineering.
- Basic electricity understanding, (power systems, load flows, harmonics, power quality).
- Experience in R&D Power electronics
- Analog and digital HW design capabilities
- Mechanical design, design for assembly, drawings
- Programming skills
- Wired or wireless communications.
- Use of HW design tool ( e.g. Altium designer) .
- Use of typical laboratory equipments ( multimeter, oscilloscope, bus analyzer).
- Knowledge of firmware design for microcontrollers ( C language) is preferred.
- Candidates with experience to work in US without Visa experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, USA
Business Unit Business Unit High Voltage Products
Date posted 2018-06-25
Job Function Research and Development
Publication ID US64472084_E6