New York, NY
Works with producers and members of the Programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for Mad Dog Radio. Candidate will work as a producer/board operator for sports talk shows. Candidate will also edit tape from college coaches shows and work consistently in the sports newsroom. Candidate will produce imaging for assigned programs and create promos to promote show(s). Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Identifies and submits show ideas and topics.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements.
- Works with programming team to identify and select celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests.
- Arranges guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and assists with pre-interviews.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
- May be required to fill in for Producers on occasion.
- Maintains working relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXMs' programs and provide show content.
- May lead the work of production assistants, board operators and interns.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Expected to work on weekends on a regular basis.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong interest in sports, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in:
- Music Master,
- Pro Tools,
- Cool Edit,
- Adobe Audition.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled