Senior Accounting Analyst-255783
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Primary Location MO-Kansas City
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Exempt
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day Job
Job Sensitivity Tier II - No Credit Check
The Financial Accounting Unit in the Financial Management Department primarily is responsible for managing the Bank’s financial reporting and asset management processes. The Unit leads the development of the Bank’s financial statements and is responsible for daily accounting transactions. Additionally, the Unit is responsible for coordinating the Bank’s capital asset purchases and conducting ongoing capital reporting and accounting entries. As an analyst within the Financial Accounting Unit, the position will provide analytical and project support for the unit, coordinate and lead a variety of accounting tasks, and provide consultation to business areas on accounting matters.
- Leads, coordinates, and/or completes a variety of complex projects related to managing the Bank’s financial reporting and capital assets.
- Leads or completes ad-hoc projects and assignments, such as application testing, financial analysis, or capital purchases and budget monitoring.
- Participates in and represents Financial Management on Federal Reserve System workgroups.
- Monitors status, identifies issues, and provides recommendations on financial accounting and capital projects or other large scale initiatives.
- Develops and creates reports and documentation for management or business lines.
- Interacts with management and professional staff at all levels throughout the Bank and Federal Reserve System.
- Uses industry resources to research and advise on appropriate accounting treatment.
- Creates, revises, and updates procedures and controls in response to various situations.
- Assumes a lead role in financial accounting processes, provides backup, and trains other staff as needed.
- Provides support to management in resolving highly complex problems.
- Other responsibilities include assisting in the review of payments and travel expenses for policy compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Two or more years of related professional experience generally required; experience in a corporate accounting function, including asset management and financial statement preparation preferred.
- Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail programs.
- Experience with accounting and enterprise resource planning systems preferred.
- Proven ability to grasp a detailed understanding of procedures and automated systems.
- Strong project management skills to include organization, planning, and execution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to understand and explain information.
- Strong personal initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of budget and accounting principles and systems; knowledge of the Federal Reserve’s PACS accounting process desired.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.