The Scheduler is responsible for scheduling exams, providing optimum service to the customer and supporting the department to effectively and efficiently maximize schedules.
- Answer phones and guide patients by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns.
- Scheduling appointments in an organized and efficient manner.
- Input/update patient information in our medical system.
- Communicate with the Physicians, medical offices, patients and family as well as insurance companies.
- Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of computers, fax machines and other related office equipment.
- Knowledge of health insurance, authorization and referral process.
- Responsible to communicate scheduling issues with management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and cardiology procedures and requirements.
- Detail-oriented and follow through with information or need of information.
- Compiling and maintaining all patient charts and any other documentation as required by the Department.
- Cross-train and help in other departments if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bilingual English/Arabic
- Experience in the medical field preferred.
- Experience in a call center preferred.
- One to four years of related experience.
- Customer service experience required.
- Ability to think and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
- Enthusiastic commitment to providing state of the art, innovative and advanced medical care and exceptional customer service to patients and internal customers
Core customers and key relationships
- Patients' Families and Friends
- Physicians and Other Medical Staff
- External Medical Partners
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chula Vista, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Required)
- Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person