Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Job Description Summary:
Global Investigations is seeking a talented, disciplined individual to function as part of a team supporting law enforcement subpoena review and response. The Analyst-Law Enforcement Liaison provides support to PayPal Holdings, Ltd and its subsidiaries, the Global Investigations (GI) team and other internal and external business partners by building strong partnerships with law enforcement. A key aspect of this role is to appropriately and accurately respond to lawful requests for customer information from law enforcement and government agencies relating to criminal activity globally. The individual will be responsible for interfacing with several internal systems handling sensitive data and need to be able to interface with law enforcement as well as key stakeholders regarding data requests. Time management skills are essential, as tasks will have strict deadlines and the candidate will need to act with urgency on all requests. The individual should also have the ability to analyze data and make recommendations for further investigative review based on patterns and typologies.
Analyst, Law Enforcement Liaison:
- Key initial point of contact for law enforcement and other government regulatory agencies in respect to properly responding to requests for lawful customer information.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business partners to convey GI’s function strategies and value, as well as being a subject matter expert for subpoena/court order processing.
- Must have the ability to connect the dots in seemingly disparate investigations, coalescing data and leads to provide recommendations regarding further review/escalation to other teams within Global Financial Crimes Compliance
- Produce high quality detailed document production while ensuring proper service levels and response time for law enforcement requests and other legal processes as directed while managing sensitive or confidential information.
- Prioritize and manage tasks across a variety of mediums including case intake and completion, law enforcement data request management, email queue, and any assigned escalations.
- Assist in developing, implementing and executing best practice sharing, tools resources and procedures for global investigations team with a focus on driving operating efficiencies.
- Assist with responding to internal and external escalations as needed.
- Use knowledge and work experience in identifying potential proactive leads while reviewing cases from law enforcement.
Drive special projects including those relating to policy and procedure drafting. Excellent written and communication skills required.
Critically evaluate legal process and escalate, as appropriate, novel issues. Provide suggestions and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
Ability to present data to a group and testify in legal proceedings, as needed, regarding business records subpoenaed by law enforcement.
Strong working knowledge of PayPal and/or its subsidiaries, with experience in using PayPal and a strong belief in making the Internet a safe, viable means of commerce.
Possess a high level of integrity, and be able to manage sensitive or confidential information.
Capacity to make sound decisions and escalate issues as appropriate to senior management.
Must be detail oriented, be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Ability to effectively communicate to groups at all levels. More specifically, the candidate should be able to explain the PayPal platform in laymen’s terms as well as handle more complex inquiries.
Self-driven, motivated to excel, ability to work with minimal supervision, and maintain productivity in a fast-pace and at times high pressure environment.
Positive inter-team communication and interaction and bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects or investigations assigned.
Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business and communicate applicable strategy both internally and externally.
Ability to quickly learn and utilize a variety of software and tools to a high functional ability
Experience and expertise with PayPal tools, specifically PayPal Admin tools preferred. Venmo Underground knowledge is a plus.
Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. One of the following languages, French, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish is helpful.
Some overnight travel required, often on short notice
Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree or equivalent work experience, and at least one year professional experience.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
Diploma or Equivalent
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.